Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 July 2013
Just when you think everything's sorting itself out and wonder what could be in the rest of the book, another crisis rears its head! -- And they're all so plausible! Dan Brown has really researched this book, and he must be amazingly well-organised. What am I going to read while I wait for his next book?
on 2 May 2013
Excellent book. Well written. Dan Brown has excelled himself with another great book. Once you start reading this book you will not want to put it down. Cannot wait for his new book to be released The Inferno.
on 5 January 2016
Whenever I read another Dan Brown book I end it saying 'this is my favourite one so far'. This book is no different.

This book focuses on a Presidential election and a NASA scandal. The main character is Rachel, daughter to one of the candidates and employee of the current President. She gets asked to go to the Arctic to see NASA's latest find and brief the White House Staff about it.

This being a Dan Brown book obviously means that there are many conspiracies going on simultaneously, a few deaths, some serious posturing and some very unexpected twists and turns. Despite the fact that Langdon is nowhere in sight I feel that anyone who is a fan of the Da Vinci Code will love this book and people who hate the religious aspect that Langdon books offer will love the science in this one.
on 7 January 2002
Following the familiar Dan Brown relentless chasing formula, this book zips the reader through all 360 pages with ruthless vervour around some particular tight blind corners even by Mr Browns standards.
The story revolves around the events both political and personal surrounding the discovery of an alien meteorite, but even at the political level it's the personal characters that make this book an intense rush of a read.
I almost didn't order this book when I noticed it was billed as an American political thriller, but don't let that put you off its as accessible as Disney in summer and twice the fun.
This book is excellent.
on 13 July 2013
Dan Brown is fabulous with his descriptive writing, but it can exceed the need when you are waiting for a climax point in the book,
too much description can lead to skipping parts to get to the point. However it was a fantastic read
on 15 June 2015
This is one of those books that you want to read over and over again. It grips you from the very beginning, and does not let up. Original story line, very interesting topic, you never know, it could happen......
VINE VOICEon 11 April 2006
Ok, to start with I belong to the Angels and Demons is better than The Davinci Code camp. You know where I stand. Deception point, is a clever, although formulaic thriller, deeply rooted in science-fact as per Brown's other work. This novel is an action packed story, full of twists and suspense that you'd probably expect. You'll be able to guess where the plot goes throughout the novel and turn your nose up and the pointless love interest, but there's still some very good suspense, and the predictability of the direction of the novel does not detract from it's overall impact. The final action scene was brilliantly choreographed, a masterpiece of cause and effect. Initally a "samey" feel, yet after a quarter of the book you'll be hooked and won't put it down until it's all over.
on 14 November 2014
It started well, but the nearer and nearer to the end the storyline became more and more fantastical. Spoiling the book as a whole, I thought! The author seemed to be looking for more & more fantasy endings to keep the story moving.
I much prefer Dan Browns earlier books on numerology & ancient codification etc.,
on 17 February 2006
I have just finished reading this book and I have to say that it just tops off all of Dan Brown's fantastic reads. I started off with the Da Vinci code to see what all the hype was about, loved every second of reading that book so decided to see if his others matched up, and boy to they ever! Reading the back of his other books I thought I wouldn't find them all that interesting (being an avid crime fiction reader) but I just couldn't put them down! I found myself walking along the street trying to read once I was off the train because it was so adictive! The twists and turns of this book made it a thoughroughly enjoyable read despite all the facts and figures thrown at you.
I could see all his books making it into films, Im not sure they would be able to capture the suspence and magic Dan Browns has done though. I cannot wait for another installment of one of his books!
on 22 December 2013
All the Dan Brown novels I have received on the Kindle have been an excellent read
Full of history and geography and very compelling reading on the mystery side.
Have enjoyed most of his now.