on 31 December 2015
This is the first book I have read in over a year and I am glad that I chose it as my reintroduction to reading fiction. Despite there being, in my eyes, at least one glaring flaw in the plot, it is undoubtedly a captivating read with plot twists to the end. For the £0.99 I paid for it, it's an incredible bargain but please do not expect to get to bed on time if you begin reading it!
on 10 July 2006
Whenever a new phenomenon in literature evolves, I have always been a bit sceptic. When Harry Potter began to take the world by storm, I personally couldn't believe that a childrens book not written by Roald Dahl could be so impressive, but I was completely wrong, and am now a huge fan. The same happened when The Da Vinci Code, began to make headlines as being a multi-million selling book. Having not read it, I believed that it was just another book. However, having only this morning completed reading the Rabert Langdon omnibus, I am astounded. The imaginitive and precise style in which the novel is written makes the novel appear remarkably realistic. The research that has gone into the book is equally breath-taking. To sum up, there is a reason that Dan Brown has sold over 40 million copies of The Da Vinci Code alone, and it is simply that the novel is beyond amazing.
on 11 February 2014
Three weeks ago I visitat friends in Norwich, and at breakfast after a couple of days the guy got up to go to his office down the hall,
when he came back he handed me a black box, saying, his wife and he would like me to have this Kindle, as i read a lot and travel a lot.
I was astounded, and did not know if it was complicatet. No it is not. I love it, got a lovely red cover for it, bought my books
I wanted to read again, and this Kindle Paperwhite is the best and most useful gift I ever had given to me.

I could go on, but you know the rest.
Thanks for bringing this to us, amazon really knows what we need.
Love to all, Lee
on 30 October 2013
I admit that it took me a few chapters before I got into this book however after persevering with it I admit that I couldn't put it down. I'm looking forward to reading the next instalment in the Robert Langdon collection.
on 3 April 2015
It was a great book in its own right. Made me turn the pages fast and the complexity kept me fascinated. But it was along much the same lines as The Da Vinci Code. All you need to do was change a few of the characters over and it is basically the same story just with a different quest. That was a little bit of a let down for me.
on 16 June 2014
I have watched the film and had to turn it off half way through because I thought it was incredibly boring and confusing.

When I seen the book in the top 100, I thought I might as well give it a go and I am so glad I did. The book is so much better than the film! It describes things a lot better and the main character (Robert Langdon) is so much more likable in the book. In fact I connected with all the characters so much more than I did in the film.

The only thing I wasn't happy about was the final twist :-(

All in all, it was a very good read. I have just bought and started reading The Da Vinci Code.
on 16 May 2014
This has quickly become my favourite book. It's so utterly gripping. I couldn't put it down! Regardless of what genre you usually read, this will be an enjoyable book for you. There's so much going on that it's impossible to not like.
on 21 June 2013
This is the first book I have read from Dan Brown and I love the way that he writes I can visualize the characters and love how fiction is mixed with facts to have a believable conclusion that makes me want to visit Rome.
on 9 January 2004
It might be, but barely. The Da Vinci Code also gets a well deserved 5 stars, too.
A breathless adventure, a tour of Rome, some Science, some Art, some Religion, all meticulously pitted against each other. The reader learns some lessons about all three, learns how these things are so integral to the story, but is never patronised.
The best thing about Brown's books, especially the books with Robert Langdon, are that before you start the story he basically writes "this is true, that is true, all Art mentioned is fact, all technology mentioned exists, all the history is true, all I've done is made woven a story around FACT". Sure, Brown has his critics, maybe he is a bit of a drama queen at times, but prove to him, prove to the reader, that this story couldn't happen. You can't, and THAT's what makes it such a ride! Despite all the seemingly far-fetched goings on, there is always a niggle in the back of your mind saying "this is true, that is true (etc)...". Again, tell me why this story couldn't happen in real life?
Special mention goes out to what he does with the map of Rome. He makes a trail for Langdon to follow and the way he does it is genius, absolute genius. This trail is what makes the story for me; what he is describing (without revealing any of the story) are statues that Roman churches have, and how they relate to each other. It is quite incredible how he has managed to weave a 500 year old trail out of this but it is all believable because, like he says at the start, "everything described in this book is fact". The result of this trail is pure fiction - or is it? If you went to Rome today you could see the exact trail that Langdon took and follow it. You would see everything Brown describes, exactly as he describes it, it's unnerving. Magic!
The Da Vinci Code follows this book. I recommend it strongly, although would argue that Angels and Demons just pips it. Apparently Brown's third Langdon book is based in Washingon and is based on the Masons...Everybody get your dollar bills out.
on 28 July 2015
Great story - one of the best Dan Brown books there is. Very well structured, and a good plot line that keeps you guessing to the end. Perhaps now a bit dated, but it more than makes up for that in action and suspense. Worth a read.