Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 March 2013
I was so looking forward to reading this and it was so disappointing I couldn't believe it was written by her. It was as if somebody else had written it. This one was not for me I wanted it to answer questions and it was just two not very good stories. Sorry Danielle
on 27 April 2013
I have loved Danielle Steel's books, but maybe I am outgrowing them a little! They are an easy holiday read but a little predictable, as was this story line. Even so it was easy to loose yourself in an easy read for a poolside relax.
on 12 September 2014
You'd think with a Danielle Steel book you know what you're getting: a moving tear jerker, with characters you care about. However, this one was a let down for me and not one I would recommend.

Until The End of Time is effectively two separate stories - some reviewers have said they are not linked but they are, albeit not very realistically and not by a thread I found it easy to connect with. I think this was the main problem with the book. It didn't ever feel plausible. On top of that, the characters are very 2D and I found myself neither liking them very much (indeed with two relatively short stories in large-ish print, you don't really get a chance to connect with the characters anyway) nor caring what happened to them in the end. I did, however, want to get to the end as quickly as possible - not a good sign!

Both stories felt rushed, especially the endings, and I found that there was quite a bit of repetition throughout, and a huge dollop of cheesiness that was a bit cloying at times.

Finally, the writing style is also incredibly basic. I lost count of the amount of time there were two sentences in a row that started with 'And'. Given that Steel speaks numerous different languages and is clearly an articulate woman, I was surprised by this. I am sure her style used to be much more eloquent.

I have to agree with the reviewer who said they had to check the front of the cover to check that Danielle Steel actually wrote this book. I admit I did the same. I read recently that Danielle Steel juggles 'numerous books' at a time when she's writing and I have to say it does show. The quality of some of her recent efforts are nowhere near the standard of some of her earlier books, where were brilliant. Nowadays it seems as if they're just being churned out en masse. For such a talented lady, this is disappointing and I won't be in a hurry to pick up a book with her name on the cover in future.
I am a big fan of Danielle Steel so I was very much looking forward to reading this! Until The End Of Time is a beautiful beautiful story. Danielle weaves two separate love stories set nearly four decades apart together with a few vital themes and similarities - love, understanding, fate, destiny and hope.

In 1975, we meet Bill, a lawyer working in New York. He decides he wants to follow his dream and become a minister. Bill's wife Jenny has worked hard in her career to get to where she is now, but together they leave their old life behind to pursue Bill's dreams, with the knowledge that whatever happens, they are facing it together. In the present day, Lillibet lives in a strict Amish community, but she has ambitions and dreams of one day being a writer, composing her novel by candlelight at night. Robert is a hard-working man, on the hunt for one big hit novel to publish. When Lillibet's work falls into his hands, he discovers not only a great book, but a new person to connect with...

I absolutely loved Until The End Of Time! It was so romantic and at the same time so touching. Danielle's words moved me and made me think, so much so that my mind was still with the characters long after I had turned the last page.

The characters were wonderfully written, as I progressed throughout the story I really felt as if I knew them on a personal level, as if they lived next for to me and as if we were all friends in real life. What I loved most about the story is how special the relationships between the main characters were. Danielle did show sadness and pain in the story, but she also showed so much love and strong connections through the characters - everything was so vivid that at times I was openly crying over the scenes, and at other times I was smiling with happiness. There is such a range of emotions portrayed in this wonderful book that you can't help but be touched by the words. I would thoroughly recommend this!

This is truly a very unique, emotional, magical and special book that deserves to be read and re-read all over again. Until The End Of Time is an enchanting story about hope, dreams, compassion, dedication, sacrifice, courage, and above all, the message that true love is forever.
on 3 April 2013
This was a great story and one I could not put down. I must admit I did enjoy the first half of the book better than the second but it was a good read. The story was different and wonderfully written.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 January 2014
I have always loved Danielle Steel's books, especially on holidays, as they easy to read and provide great escape and day dreaming. But this one did not read like her at all, and I had to check it was her name on the cover. I have read many books by Danielle Steel and her style is very recognisable.
The characters were too good to be true,and bland and the stories did not manage to grab me. I had to force myself to finish it. It should have been a shorter story and should have stopped at the end of the first story and perkaps I would have liked it better.
I put it down as a one off. I will still be reading Ms Steel's books.
Danielle Steel has written a novel concerning two loving relationships separated in time yet blended in a heart-wrenching tale of the love, dedication, sacrifices and difficulties they are faced with. In 1975, Bill, a successful lawyer, realises that his true vocation is in the ministry. His wife Jenny has risen from a tough background to become a top model. They both change careers and find gratification in their new lives with a mutual commitment to fulfil their hopes and ambitions. They bring compassion to the situation they find themselves in and are blossoming in their relationship. Events they are intimately involved with become tragically haunting.

In 2013, Lillibet (Lilli), is in a stict Amish community virtually reclusive from the modern intrusions of life. The young, dedicated girl has ambitions to write. A book leads to a befriendment with New York publisher Bob. Difficulties in culture inevitably arise. The progression of the narrative is developed by the author with unashamed emotion. The interweaving of the storylines leaves the reader with a sense summarised by Lilli, 'follow your dreams...follow your heart'.

A Danielle Steel novel that is a moving and thoughtful read. She leaves enough to ponder over. The book is full of the personal relationships and tragedies that are cleverly portrayed, sad but with a strong affection of everlasting divine contentment. Excellent and up there amongst her better books.
on 4 June 2014
To start with I really enjoyed this book, but it was like it was in two parts with the first part being excellent - as her books usually are. However, when it came to the second half, I found it really tough going. I had to make myself read it to the end, but it really was a grind at times!! I just wanted to delete it and get onto another book that would hold my interest. This is very unusual as I usually really like this authors books. I certainly wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.
on 15 May 2014
Exactly as described and delivered really quickly. Carefully packaged as always

Great quality.

I am happy to recommend this seller without hesitation
on 8 May 2014
Very good book and not easy to put down but is quite different from usual books by Danielle Steel. This goes to show her versatility as an author.