Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 May 2008
This is a really beautiful book - very plainly and movingly written - about Johnny's rescued deer called Bambi. She featured a lot in his first TV series and this little book is his tribute to her. Like all the very best books about animals it is absolutely unsentimental but it moved me to tears at the end. Recommended to anyone who likes true animals stories - of any age. Although this book is aimed at adults I think eleven year olds+ would love it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 August 2011
This is the second book of Johnny Kingdom's that I have read and really enjoyed.
This one is all about Bambi, a deer that Johnny reared from a few days old, after it became injured and separated from its mother. Bambi made it through a very tricky early stage of life and became a much loved family pet to the Kingdom family and their friends for about twelve years.
I like Johnny's witty writing style and his passion for filming and watching wildlife. I read about his upbringing, work and family life in 'A Wild Life on Exmoor', and this book mentions some of the things I had forgotten. Bambi's story is a poignant one. The sadness in the last chapter moved me to tears, and there is no doubt she was beautiful and a very special animal to all that knew her.
on 4 November 2013
I have bought several Johnny Kingdom books for my partner. He is not usually an avid reader, however, he has really been engrossed in this book. It really goes into great detail about the deer that he saved and reared. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in wildlife.
on 4 May 2013
If you like Jonny Kingdom on the TV you will enjoy this book it's Great reading, i have enjoyed every chapter of the book. You feel for Bambi but they way Jonny has talked about her you know she had a good life.
on 2 June 2014
This is a lovely story of a man and animal who are devoted to one another. Johnny Kingdom is a man eho loves nature and it shows on every page.
on 9 December 2014
EASY TO READ GREAT STORYS
on 23 September 2014
GREAT READ
on 11 April 2015
Excellent
on 5 December 2011
lovely book written by someone who loves animals it comes over in his book it is well written and very good to read
on 11 February 2010
This was a Christmas gift which I brought for someone... I haven't read it but the shipping of it was prompt.