Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 30 January 2011
This is a book I had wanted to re-read for some years and was not disappointed.
Condition of the book a little disappointing as others I have bought through Amazon site have been very good.
on 18 April 2014
A typical Catherine Cookson book difficult to put down from the first page . A good piece of social history and
Anyone wishing to experience a tast of the old days then this is a must read.
on 25 October 2015
This book was for my wife who loves Catherine Cookson books. Since receiving this book she has not put it down much at all. All she has said about it up to now is that its a brilliant read.
on 7 March 2013
Used to read Catherine Cookson as a teenager, I have really enjoyed re-reading this novel + others. Her characters are most believable & I couldnt put it down, was sorry to finish it.
on 18 April 2014
This was a great story and very easily read-difficult to put down. As usual with Catherine Cookson the grim reality of life in the 19th century, made me grateful to be living today.
on 17 January 2013
This is an excellent read. I normally read crime, thrillers and chick lit and wouldn't read a book based in this era. However after doing so I will definitely be reading more.
on 15 April 2013
I am a great fan of Catherine Cookson novels as she always catches your imagination from the beginning. This one is no exception and keeps you gripped for hours.
on 30 April 2013
Loved this book - great read

Would love some more audibles added to Catherine Cookson books as well

on 3 July 2013
I selected this book as I read it years ago and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to read it again./ However, I had a problem getting hold of it.
on 9 August 2013
Well what can one say, only that this book is another Catherine Cookson Classic and is an essential read for anyone.
Happy reading Janet