5.0 out of 5 stars Strange stories peppered with helpful hints
Published on 23 Feb 2009 by Mr. S. Whitehead

2.0 out of 5 stars An OK book.
I read this and did not find it as good as the earlier reviewers.

The guy has some good ideas, but seems to fall in love with all of his ideas. That results in the fact that he will pursue them all for a long time even if they are not that good. And all ideas mentioned in the book are not great, some are even bad.

I get a lot of ideas too, and of...
Published on 4 Jun 2008 by P. Vänttinen

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange stories peppered with helpful hints, 23 Feb 2009
Mr. S. Whitehead "Creationeer" (Leics UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ideas Man (Paperback)
This book is good value for money. Not only do you get a thoroughly readable and fascinating autobiography of a rather unusual individual, but also practical tips on how to capture ideas and turn them into adventures, as Shed himself has done. Taking a trip into Shed's bizarre world, you will discover what it takes to break into the world of television, the novelty (often naughty!) product business, authorship, art...

The secret is simple - take Shed's recipe for idea generation, find the right people to help and add a dash of eccentricity, a heapful of bravery and a ton of perseverance. It's not for everyone, but which of us wants to be "everyone"? This book itself is one of Shed's idea experiments, so you may well end up playing a part in his strange and wonderful story.

5.0 out of 5 stars You gotta admire his tenacity, 10 Aug 2008
Mr. C. Goldsmith "CG" (Kingston, Surrey) - See all my reviews
I had the advantage of meeting Shed and watching his presentation at Borders in Kingston yesterday. He signed my copy of his book (with a stamp) and I took it home to read. I just finished it.
I found the book well written, inspirational and in general an adventure into the world of ideas creation and the entrepreneurial spirit. Some readers may mistake and ego for what I think is passion and doggedness to succeed and and undying belief in his own dreams.
One of the reasons I choose to live in England is that just occasionally you stumble on an eccentric like Shed and with this book I was able to jump along for the ride, if just for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Persistence pays, 7 July 2008
S. A. Burley (London, UK) - See all my reviews
It is interesting, and it is inspiring too.
Relax, open your mind, and read it for what it is, not for what you expected it to be, reviewers.
Shed is telling you how he did things, not necessarily how you should; but I find that there are a lot of good tips in there.
That's it.
Thanks Shed, a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual inspiration, 23 Jun 2008
M. Smith (London) - See all my reviews
I loved this book.

Shed differs from most people in that he not only has a lot of ideas, he actually does something about them.

To be honest, some of his madcap ideas would have been better left on the drawing board, but it's still fascinating to read how he beavered away for months to bring products like Clitoris Allsorts and the Pubic's Cube to life.

This is a must read for entrepreneurs who will be inspired by Shed's roller coaster journey, but it will also resonate with anyone who has ever had a crazy idea and wondered what might happen if they actually got off the sofa and did something about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes You Get Up Off Your Backside, 19 Jun 2008
I love this book. The other reviewers who have moaned about the simplicity of some of the ideas are totally missing the point. The author isn't claiming to be a contender for the next Nobel prize. Instead he is celebrating the kind of ideas all of us - every one of us - can and do have every day.
The difference between him and the rest of us is he doesn't just dream about it, he makes it happen. That's why this is a true inspiration. If this doesn't make you think "I could do that" then nothing will. Buy this book and turn those dreams into reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheds the Man, 21 Aug 2009
C. Littlejohn (Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ideas Man (Paperback)
Having seen Sheds Advert on The Camvista Webcam @ Belushi's Bar in Edinburgh, directing me to search Google for Shed Simove, I did and was very interested in purchasing the Book after reading and watching some of the stunts Shed has done online on this site, 100 pages in and Im enjoying this book, and i did managed to meet the STAR at his show at the Edinburgh Festival and he signed and VIP stamped my book, very nice guy ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A true tale of sheer ruddy persistence, 7 Aug 2009
This review is from: Ideas Man (Paperback)
A true tale of sheer ruddy persistence.
Sheridan Simove wittily unfolds a number of his creative endeavors, detailing the rock bottom lows, knock backs, and often successes of bringing to life his eureka moments.
With a stand out chapter detailing his endeavors as a thirty something masquerading as a midlands schoolboy, baggy trousers and all, the book is an inspirational read, guaranteed to leave you feeling creative.

Simove undoubtedly proves "action is the foundational key to all success".

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine book about an individual, 16 Jun 2009
D. Sheehan "Duncan S" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ideas Man (Paperback)
Really liked this book. From my perspective the difference between this book and many others is that you get a sense of what one individual needs to go through to get an idea off the ground which is often over-looked in business books who tend to focus to much on the back office process and ignore the actually "doing" aspect.

Examples of this is the way he has had difficulties in obtaining patents and the steps he went through to achieve this and source foreign suppliers in areas of business he had little/no prior experience.

All in all I really liked it as it is very open, and it gives an honest account of how time consuming and difficult pursuing your own ideas can be, but also how this ultimately makes it more rewarding if you achieve them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of lightbulb moments, guaranteed!, 14 Jun 2009
This review is from: Ideas Man (Paperback)
There are two kinds of reader for "Ideas Man": the first will be intrigued to know what goes on in the mind of a powerfully ideas-oriented person. This person will be entertained and educated and will marvel at Shed's persistence and ingenuity. The second will identify themselves in Sheridan Simove and will be utterly unable to put the book down for fear of missing a moment of his tales. I read the book in three sittings because frankly, real life has a way of creeping in and interrupting valuable thought processes. If I was lacking inspiration before, it's back, baby! And all thanks to a clever, driven, creative genius known as Shed. I physically felt the lows of his rejection, and caughtt my reflection in the window pane to see my face contorted with delight when he triumphed. This is a book I could have written ... if I'd had the courage to never worry what people would think of my ideas. Shed has now ignited a "little engine that could" (or will). Buy this book to be inspired, entertained and motivated and to cheer on the guy who, if taken seriously, could move mountains!

5.0 out of 5 stars the reason my flat is still a complete tip, 11 Jun 2009
D. Jacobs - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ideas Man (Paperback)
Honestly the best book I have ever read. In fact, I don't think I'm going to bother reading anything ever again, this book is the pinnacle of human creation and has completed me.

okay, exaggerations aside, here's the truth:

- my copy of the book arrived this morning
- I woke up at twelve and started reading, instantly hooked
- it's now 3am and I've just finished it
- tomorrow I will wake up at twelve and probably read it again

Shed has an intriguing writing style which will draw you into a story to the point where you are completely hypnotized by the ups and downs, this guy has had an incredible life, and it makes for a very interesting read.
The sheer amount of wacky creations within the pages is immense, and the way they are presented is enough to make anybody feel that they could do the same. He goes through his thought processes methodically and gives explanations as to why he thinks/says/does or imagines what he does.
He believes heavily in the power of dreams a person's ability to make them happen if they try hard enough. At some points the book may seem as though it borders on self help, but it's definitely not the main focus and is purely what comes across through Shed's obvious passion for everything he does.

If you want an inspiring, funny, clever, and above all thought provoking read, buy this book!! I for one am eagerly awaiting his next release...

Ideas Man
Ideas Man by Shed Simove (Paperback - 30 Jan 2009)