5.0 out of 5 stars Why change the title????
Whatever marketing moron thought up the idea of re-issuing 'The Miracle Strain' as 'The Messiah Code' should be shot. Its clearly been done on the back of the success of 'The DaVinci Code', and in my opinion belittles what for me is a cracking technological thriller.
Published on 27 April 2005 by Shempz

1.0 out of 5 stars Messiah Strain? Miracle Code?
Published on 25 Jan. 2005

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Why change the title????, 27 April 2005
I'd advise anyone to buy this book (and all of Michael Cordy's books in fact)...but beware if you have already bought this book as 'The Miracle Strain'.

1.0 out of 5 stars Messiah Strain? Miracle Code?, 25 Jan. 2005
By A Customer
I thoroughly enjoy this author's work, although I am very disappointed with the Messiah Code. Not that it is a terrible book, it is a great novel, but I already read it in the Miracle Strain. When I compared the two, it was word for word the exact same book, but now called the Messiah Code and not the Miracle Strain. I was hoping to be engulfed in a new novel by Mr. Cordy, instead being very let down after asking for, and receiving it for Christmas. I would like to advise Amazon to responsibly disclose the Messiah Code and the Miracle Strain are the same novel well above these reviews. I now, unfortunately, am wary of purchasing a new book from Mr. Cordy at this time, as I am not sure if I will end up re-reading Lucifer in a book called Sneaky Demon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be careful - this is NOT a new book, 6 Dec. 2004
By A Customer
This is the 'Miracle strain' with a new cover. Don't be caught out!
It is a good book - but not if you've already read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a great read, 9 May 2006
I read this book after the Da Vinci Code and for the first few pages i thought 'oh no its a rip off'. But the story soon grabs you, it is a less believable take on who Jesus christ was (or is) but i feel it makes for a much better read. Who wants to read a book that explains that Jesus was just a normal man (didnt we all really know that anyhow). Well believe me it is a great book which you wont put down until its finished!

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-Put-Downable!, 2 Jun. 2006
KJV Ms "Razzy" (Maidenhead, Berkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Messiah Code (Paperback)
I read this book after reading "The Lucifer Code" by the same author (which I also very much enjoyed, if not a little disturbing in places).

I could not put this down and I wouldn't be surprised if the DNA cures taking place in the book are not too far in the distant future (in fact, the author's note states this).

I have ordered all of Michael Cordy's other books now as both the two I have read have kept me riveted from beginning to end and I hope they are not disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Six impossible things before breakfast, 3 Oct. 2007
Linda Bulger (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Messiah Code (Paperback)
It's probably not fair to review a book about genetics and religious mega-conspiracy so long after its original publication date -- too much water under the bridge with this genre. Even if the reader makes a firm commitment to avoid comparing it to "The Da Vinci Code," what about Lewis Perdue's "The Daughter of God" or James Rollins' "Map of Bones"? The list is huge.

This book was first published in 1997 as "The Miracle Strain," before many of the better-known religious conspiracy books.

Michael Cordy may have offered us an embarrassment of riches in combining the two main plot elements, religion and genetics. Neither element feels completely original, and there's a slight awkwardness in the way they fit together. To paraphrase Lewis Carroll, it's a bit like trying to believe six impossible things before breakfast. The travel's too easy, the geneticist's genius sidekick too naive, the science a little too shallowly portrayed, the ethical decision-making too facile. Oh, and the characters could have done with much more development

All that said, the book is an absorbing thriller and still a very good read. The plot manages to throw a few surprises at the reader, and even the predictable developments are reasonably well presented. I recommend this book for traveling or any time when your attention is partially committed elsewhere: you may not lose yourself entirely in it but you'll be able to pick it up and dive right back into it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Messiah Code, 20 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
Why change the name? This is a great book and in no way dose it need to hang on the coat tails of The Da Vinci Code. The only problem I have with the book is that I now have 2 copies, 'The Miracle Strain' and 'The Messiah Code' not very good if you are down to you last book on holiday and you find out you have already read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same book as 'The Miracle Strain', 9 May 2007
Karrie (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Messiah Code (Paperback)
As the title for this review suggests it's a book that has been re-issued with a new title (?)

Having said that it's a great book, fast paced (dispite a compicated sub-plot, Science & DNA etc) and one that grips you from beginning to end. So much better than efforts by Mr D Brown!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could you find what made Christ different to other men?, 22 Mar. 2006
This review is from: The Messiah Code (Paperback)
Wow! Imagine being able to read the genes of the most famous healer in history - Jesus Christ. Christians believe Jesus was the son of God - God made flesh - and, since sons inherit their fathers' genes, wouldn't a sample of Christ's DNA contain the genes of God? Imagine you were a geneticist and a doctor, what could you do with these genes - perform miracles? This book is so much better and bolder than that other code book. It was written years before it, too. Read it, it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT a poor relation to anything...., 9 May 2008
Mogo (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Messiah Code (Paperback)
This is not a poor relation to the Da Vinci code. The only thing they have in common is the word code.

Dan Brown is a great storyman, and an appaling story writer. What he lacks in his ability to write is more than made up for in Michael Cordy's abilities.

This is a well written, great story and is under-recognised too.

Let's see this book as a film staring and Tom Hanks and then see who's the best!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Messiah Code
The Messiah Code by Michael Cordy (Paperback - 1 Aug. 2005)