on 29 April 2013
There are some serious undertones to this book, it is handled so expertly and with such a high level of comedy that this is a brilliant book.....
on 20 September 2014
Bought for my Dad who loves Terry Pratchett and really wanted these for his collection. Beautiful covers and a fantastic story.
on 11 September 2015
such an enjoyable magical read. Prachett's imaginagion and language left me awstruck. So glad i left my homework at home when i went on holiday.
on 5 December 2013
!Terry Pratchett has the ability to make anything written enthralling. He could write about absolutely nothing and make to make it entertaining.
on 6 April 2013
Delightful. Full of insight and humour and as ever with Pratchett compassionate and wise. A classic . Buy it for your library.
on 10 May 2014
A great introduction to the character of Granny Weatherwax. Perhaps not the best Pratchett has written, but worth the money.
on 17 August 2013
Not as good as some of his later ones but it still hits the spot and is good fun. Tony Robinson is perfect for the narrator.
on 16 January 2013
A really easy on the mind read. Felt part of the story straight away.
I hope there are more easy reads like this. Suitable for all ages.
on 15 January 2009
Synopsis from Amazon:

The last thing the wizard Drum Billet did, before Death laid a bony hand on his shoulder, was to pass on his staff of power to the eighth son of an eighth son. Unfortunately for his colleagues in the chauvinistic (not to say misogynistic) world of magic, he failed to check on the new-born baby's sex...This is a third hilarious adventure by the author of "The Colour of Magic" and "The Light Fantastic."

Well, this is the third book in the Discworld series, and like the two before, it was funny, engaging, exciting and a wonderful read. I was not disappointed at all. I found the beginning of the book a bit slow but as soon as it picked up it was full of life and adventure.

I love Pratchett's style of writing. He has a gift. His descriptions were flawless - I could picture the scenes unfolding with no problems. He writes in a way that transports you into the Discworld and you feel like you are really there in the midst of the action.

My favourite character was Granny. What a funny lady! Almost everything she did was hilarious and I have to say, I wish my Gran was a bit more like that!

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This is turning into a wonderful series and I'm loving it!

9/10
on 4 April 2013
Kindle just doesn't show the footnotes, and some of Pratchett's funniest observations live in the footnotes. Buy BOOKS is my recommendation