Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 January 2015
Read this many years ago and decided to add it to my kindle. My heart broke and warmed all at once again! Another amazing story of true human life by Danielle Steel and a story I will carry with me until I read again; like I do with all of Ms Steels books. Thank you once again for such a wonderful escape.
on 19 March 2006
POOR POOR POOR! BORING! It was incredibly boring reading the mother's rantings over her son! The way the book was written did not deviate me emotionally... all it did was make me yawn and anticipate for 'potential' of the book to arise.
There are better tear jerkers then this book!
I dont understand why people are raving about this book. It is NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY or TIME. I was mislead by the reviews given and utterly disappointed!
on 29 March 2015
Ok so this one goes down as another book from my 2015 reading chanllenge as 'A book that made you cry'. If you read this book and are not affected in some way then there is something wrong with you.

Probably not the best book to read a lunchtime at work as there are some points that will make you want to cry. Its an emotional rollercoaster that you are on from start to finish. Its the great writing that really pulls you into the story and makes you feel everything that they are. A good read that will have you feeling like crying one moment, laughing the next and then getting the much needed closer at the end.
on 15 September 2003
I read this book in a day I could not put it down it is about a boy who dies in a car crash but come back to earth because his family cannot handle his death his father is a drunk his brother will not talk and his mother is on the verge of giving up he has been allowed to let just his mother & brother see him and help them to come to terms with what happend and to help his family re-build their lives. keep hankies ready.
on 5 November 2006
The basic premise of this book sounds interesting, but the end result is far too wordy and schmaltzy for my taste. The author repeats herself time and time again and gives over-detailed descriptions or explanations of thought processes that are immediately obvious to an intelligent reader.
on 29 September 2003
This is one of the first books by Danielle steel that l felt was weak, although good and encouraging about life it was not written in her usual style. Not one to re-read
on 17 October 2011
This was a very easy book which didn't require any concentration, though unfortunately, also didn't contain much depth. I expected this to be a light read and the story line looked like something that I'd be interested in. I didn't have much expectations of this book and it wasn't something that struck me as being particularly good. It was an easy read, but definitely nothing spectacular.
on 20 September 2007
I thought that this was absolute rubbish.

Starts well but as soon as Johnny returns as an Angel the book gets stupid. You don't have to talk to a ghost - you can do that by Telepathy. HOw can you kiss and cuddle a ghost and how can a ghost give presents - perhaps a lesson on basic physics is needed.

Danielle Steel has written better books - this one is best avoided.
on 3 June 2013
Once I started on this story I could hardly put it down and it turned out to be one of the quickest stories I have read,
Am a great follower of Danielle Steel.
on 5 May 2011
This is one of the best books I have read. It is so touching. It was the first book I downloaded when I got my Kindle & read it YET AGAIN!!!