on 1 August 2000
A word of caution: If you don't have time to read the entire saga, then don't buy this book!
The entire saga is a Masterpiece in fantasy-writing. To be compared with Tolkiens Lord of the Rings. This a must for all fantasy-lovers.
Eddings writes with style and humour. A true Master.
on 19 February 2002
I found this book a fitting end to both the series which chart the progress of Garion from boyhood to his destiny. In response to the adverse comments I have heard / read, I would like to point out that by the time you reached the start of this book, you have already read 9 books, so something genuine must have kept you reading till the end.
If you read the first book of the Belgariad, you have a pretty good idea of the style and content of the other 9 books. This isn't a negative comment, just a reassurance that the same attention to detail remains throughout both series.
As a "final" book, the Seeress of Kell draws together all the loose ends in a way which makes you marvel that someone could keep a plot going (with all the new developments) over the years which it took David (and Leigh Eddings) to write the series.
For people who have only just come to this series and loved it, spare a thought for those of us who had to wait for several years between the publishing of the Seeress of Kell and the Prequels "Belgarath, the sorcerer" and ultimately "Polgara"!
The only negative criticism I would raise (and it applies more to the prequel novels than this)is that for a fantasy series set in an imaged world the speech is far too American!
If being a well-paced, descriptive, and full (but uncluttered) novel makes it childish, then I will happily turn my attention to the children's corner in future!
on 8 December 2012
Great book. Good writing style. Very enjoyable would recommend . The sort of story I enjoy. Many thanks good work
on 11 October 2015
The climax of the Mallorean Series. A great series I really enjoyed from years ago and now. Just to let you know this is really the climax unlike book 5 of the Belgariad. I would say it is better to read the Belgariad first but you don't need to have read it to read this series but I would read the first 4 books of The Mallorean before reading this. This is the end and the other series by David Eddings are not linked to this and this is the final time you will see Garion. However although Belgarath & Polgara are prequals to both The Belgariad and The Mallorean Series they were written after The Mallorean so the true ending is at the end of those books as it tells you about what happened when the adventure ended. I loved David Eddings books but to be honest with possible exception of The Redemption of Altheus The Belgariad Series , Mallorean Series, Polgara and Belgarath are the only ones that are really good.
on 24 June 2015
This is the last book in the Malloreon series and the end was definitely reading through the series if the characters have a special place in your heart. As much as I love the characters and the world that the story is set in I can't help but feel a little short changed with this series. It feels very much the same as the Belgariad series, just rehashed. To the point that the characters are commenting that so much that happens in this adventure mirrors the plot in the Belgaraid just with place name changes. I understand this was deliberate but I cant help feel that Eddings got a little lazy with ideas but wanted the characters to mature, grow and settle down living happily ever after.

All that being said I would still recommend this to people that loved the first series. But if you only liked the Belgariad I would maybe steer clear of this later series as I feel you may just get annoyed.
on 6 December 2012
Love these books, reading them again right now. Fantastic!! If you like fantasy then It will be right up your street.
on 17 August 2013
What a moving ending to a a series of books, i have been moved by these readings and a little tearful and i`m a 60 year old lorry driver.
I will miss all the characters from the Belgaraid and the Malloreon series, and will seek out more from David Eddings ,
Sadly the author is not here any more, i would have liked to have thanked him for this story, I have been traverling across these wonderful continents with all the characters, their heart aches their struggles their need to survive and to endure and to overcome.

David and Leigh Edding, i thank you.
on 19 October 1999
This series is absolutely great. I'ver read all ten books with Garion and his friends and I think their characters are so loveable and interesting. You really have a big feeeling of loss, when you lay this book down, because it's so gripping. David and leigh Eddings are king and queen of fantasy. Believe me.
on 20 November 2013
These books, and I include the Belgariad series are artfully written. I genuinely cared about the main characters and laughed and cried with them. I have read the whole of both series many many times and since first reading them in my early twenties they are still my firm favourites.
on 28 September 1999
The above says it all really. The fact that so many old favorites weren't in the book (Hettar, Barak etc...) was disappointing. Thank God Silk stayed. Itwas good to see an older Belgarion and Ce'Nedra though.