4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting Read
There has been much criticism I have read about Britton self glorifying his work; which I did notice quite often while reading as he does seem to leave out certain cases of which he had little success. However the book was a joy to read and I expect anyone who enjoys crime novels or has a interest in offender profiling to enjoy it as much as I did. Some parts are graphic...
Published on 21 July 2010 by Arthur

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting read
I am finding the book interesting but find a lot of it is repetitive and find myself skimming through the chapters.
Published 14 months ago by miss s j samuel

‹ Previous | 110 11 1216 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 7 April 2012
This review is from: The Jigsaw Man (Paperback)
I have read a lot of books about serial killers and criminal profiling; this is up there with the top books I have read. Provides great insight on some horrible cases in British crime and how they used profiling to help catch these depraved people. Very well written, recommend it to anyone into this area

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Feb. 2015
not my buy?

4.0 out of 5 stars It would be a crime not to read...., 5 Dec. 2002
This review is from: The Jigsaw Man (Paperback)
Paul Britton's epic account of a life, spent looking at the human mind, and specialising in what motivates the criminal mind.
Just about every major crime scene of 90s Britain is covered, in detail, from Colin Stagg to Fred West to poor Jamie Bulger. Many of the details about the crimes - despite almost all being infamous - were new to me, and still had the capacity to shock.
The only problem is the writing style, if I was to do an analysis of Paul Britton I would have to say he was desperate to impress, he frequently talks about his long hours, in all his work featured in the book he acknowleged only one mistake - and that was that he wasn't forceful enough in putting a particular profile across to the police.
So with only minor psychological flaws which are mentioned above, it's still a very good read and I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jigsaw man - buy it, 8 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Jigsaw Man (Paperback)
Well this book is fab. It will satisfy the true crime book lovers, people working in the counselling/psychology/social work fields/prison officers etc and those with a passing interest in the criminal mind and those who delve into it.

Well written, Paul Britton is a talented writer and comes across as a really nice chap. I do wonder if there were cases he got it majorly wrong on a didn't discuss - we all make mistakes hey.. and I also wonder if he felt as positive towards the police as he said he did - they must have seriously hacked him off at times.. any institution will...

That said though it is good to read a autobiography type book were the writer doesn't depress you with a sad and sorry tale. That said though this book could give you nightmares and has definitely stopped me waltzing round with my curtains open in the night time (check the book out and you will see why).

This is a chunky book so for us faster readers its not over too quick. I will definitely buy his other book.

This book is well worth its list price so if you cant get it at a knockdown price pay full price cos you shouldn't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 9 Sept. 2005
zztopbanana (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
***
An absolutely enthralling read - this was delivered at 10.45am and I read it in one fell swoop, finishing it at ten to midnight the same day.
No long review necessary - just buy it and see.
***

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 May 2015
This review is from: The Jigsaw Man (Hardcover)
brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Dec. 2014
good read

4.0 out of 5 stars A warning., 27 Oct. 1999
This review is from: The Jigsaw Man (Paperback)
I would like say that I enjoyed this book, but I don't think that 'enjoyed' is quite the right word. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down, no matter how hard I tried, but I found it quite disturbing. I would like to warn anyone thinking of reading this book, that although it is excellant, you will probably lose your faith in humanity and it will change the way you look at strangers forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Jigsaw Man (Hardcover)
loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars Indepth insight, 22 Jun. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Jigsaw Man (Paperback)
Paul Britton gives a truely gripping account of some of the most prolific and some less well known criminal minds in Britian to date. A truely interesting read for both those interested in the field and those who are fascinated by what drives people to commit these crimes. The details can sometimes give very graphic accounts of particular crimes and you can gain 'behind the scenes' knowledge into the crimes that before have only been accessible through the media such as the murders by Fred and Rosemary West. A gripping book i could not put down .

‹ Previous | 110 11 1216 | Next ›

The Jigsaw Man
The Jigsaw Man by Paul Britton (Paperback - 15 May 1998)