Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 28 March 2001
This book will not fail to bring tears to your eyes, it is written with raw power that comes straight from the heart. The story follows Christina through her abusive childhood in Ireland. With her mother gone she is left to cope with a drunken abusive father.
The story is passionate and a delight to read, I could not put the book down as I was desperate to know what happened next. I adore true life accounts and this is the best one I have ever read.
Christina Nobel is a star and one day hopefully she will gain her true worth. Buy this book, read it and then ask yourself "what have I got to moan about. The book also accounts her work in Vietnam with the poor children of that Country, she throughly deserves the title of Mumma Tina
on 23 August 2000
I devoured this book in 3 days, reading it before going to bed and on the train to work (which was a touch embarrassing as I cried the whole way through it). Christina is honest and forthright and writes in a manner that people of all levels can relate to. No child or human being should have to go through the horrendous events that she did. The fact that she has survived and given so much to the street children in Vietnam is nothing short of miraculous. I don't see how anyone could read this and not be compelled to do something to help those less fortunate than themselves. I will certainly be sponsoring a child through the Christina Noble Foundation. The sequel, Mama Tina, is equaly inspiring and moving.
on 16 November 2001
when i read this book, it wasnt just a story, but evidence that people can fulfill their dreams. literally, as christina did. this book follows her through her most shocking and painful childhood and into vietnam where she worked her miracles. a truly sensational book in every way. an eye opener and a soul strengthener. not one to miss.
on 12 June 2014
Christina Noble, what can i say, an extraordinary lady who has led a life that would have most of us locked up in a straight jacket and mumbling in a corner in a padded cell. A courageous lady who had a calling, and that calling was to help street children. From a tough humble beginning in Ireland, where you will wonder how this lovely lady ever made it through childhood and beyond. Beaten, abused, mistreated, so much happened to Christina that will break your heart when you read it. But then there are the children. Touching, funny moments that raise your spirits, and all you can do is admire a lady for whom "No" wasn't a word she understood, determined to help these children, Christina sets about raising funds. A lady who is still working today to save street children and one for whom i have the greatest respect and admiration for. If you only buy one book this year, i recommend this one.
on 24 September 2009
I initially read this magnificant book myself and after reading found it incredibly hard to pick up another book for a long time - it left such an impact on me! My daughter lives and works in vietnam so naturally I purchased the book for her and needless to say it had an even bigger impact on her where she sees these children every day and realises what a real issue this book covers! I have since purchased it for my younger daughter who has experienced the same emotional journey with Christana's story. I cannot say enough about the courage, humilty and sheer determination to make a difference in this world that this wonderful women portrays - her personal story is (almost sounds trivial) amazingly inspirational I cannot put it into words - an unputtable down book and will certianly make one look at ones ownn life and determime what they can do to make a small difference!
on 23 March 2000
I could not put this book down, it is unbelievable that a child could go through a life like she did, I cried alot and then towards the end I was so pleased for her that she made such a great impact on the street childrens lives.
on 20 March 2009
This is the 10th copy i have purchased everytime i lend it to someone it never comes back.the book is the best book i have ever read my daughter did her gcse english lit exam on this book and got an A.christina is inspirational . two months ago i met a young irish girl in Hong Kong and she is working for the foundation in vietnam . ialso purchased "mamma tina"
as im in china and want my friends here to read both books as its a book that although very sad it proves there are some great people out there doing good for so many people and they are unsung hero's christina noble is certainly one of the best.
on 20 March 2013
I met the author of this book recently so wanted to read this one and her other more recent book. Have just received this book this morning so not yet read it. However, I wanted to point out that my copy of the book has been completely photocopied, and poorly at that! This means that the author of the book will not receive any royalties for her book, and whoever photocopied it has clearly broken the law.
on 13 January 2014
A very sad recount of Christina's life. I read this before Christmas and found the whole true life story quite depressing. I was a little disappointed that not a lot was written about her life in Vietnam. It is mainly about her life in Ireland.
on 12 September 2011
What a great book. Quite a harrowing read but a story which should be told. This lady is a special soul and her story is sad but the outcome is very humbling. Couldn't put it down. I will never forget the amazing Christina Noble.