5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. A direct salespersons bible, 31 Aug 2000
By A Customer
DANGER : DANGER : DANGER PROCEED WITH CAUTION
VERY POWERFUL BOOK
When I read this book the one thing I noticed more than anything was that the book was written for the active salesperson. It is definately a 'how to' book written by somebody that is doing what he preaches.
This is not theory 'what might work' but 'what actually works'. Many books claim this but how many give you the actual words you can use in sales.. the questions? the objection handling?
Have you ever heard somebody who says the right thing at the right time? the guy or gel who asks just the right question to get the customer to say 'yes'... and what about the 'close' the asking for the order. Many books give you suggestions but don't actually give you the words.. the scripts !.. and they usually follow up with some generic text that suggests that 'scripts don't work' ...Well they do. Of course you need to personalise them but preparation is vital. By choosing your words carefully you too can start to amass you very own volcabulary which will give you control and sales success. This book is full of actually examples. Take the words and replace them with your own but keeping the same message.
Do I believe in this book? Absolutley. I went from earning just £5k per year commission only to earning over £50k / year withing 6 months as a direct result of reading this book and by doing what it suggested. What type of sales does this apply to? all. Whether you are selling your kids on you being a good dad, or your wife on you being a good husband, or your boss on you being a good worker being able to put together a persuasive case / example / picture is essential. This book helps you disect that sales process and do this. But if you are a 'professional sales person' then..
Ian paints us a picture of the ideal sales professional "The PROCLO". He lists various characteristics which makes a good professional salesperson. Attitude is everything and Ian lists many great characterists that are so true? What are they ? read the book. This book should come with a written warning... so here it is..
WARNING: dont buy this book unless you want your sales success to go through the roof.. and only give it to your spouse if they really love you :) because if used correctly it makes them very persuasive.
Enough said .. just buy the book.
If the above is true will you benefit from better sales?
Are you interested in getting better sales?
Well then, please tell me.....
If you were ever going to benefitting from such a book when do you think would be the best time to start ?
Now? Then order the book.
And before you ask... no I'm not on commission... but if Ian would like to through some coppers my way I shan't say no !

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it say's on the Tin!, 11 Jan 2009
Anthony S. Collier "Tony Collier" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Over twenty years ago, Ian was a Sales Manager in a firm I used to work for and was responsible for my training and development. I found him to be a terrific leader and remains to this day one of the best Salesmen I have ever met. I owe him a great amount for the way he developed myself, and his Team.
Today, I find myself leading my own succesful Sales Team and regularly use Ian's techniques for personal development and coaching. My Salespeople have all bought Ian's book and it is a pleasure measuring their successes once they start to apply what they have read.
I have read many books and have many mentors, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, Jim Rohn to mention but a few; in my opinion, I hold Ian in the same esteem. I recently went to see Ian speak at a Conference and the one thing he has above all the aforementioned Americans is, he is British and therefore very easy to understand.
I can't recommend this book highly enough and regularly use it for new direction and inspiration.
If you want to WIN in sales, this is probably the best book you can buy!
In 2008, I personally finished 7th out of 2,451 others and earned over £250K, thanks a million Ian I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 7 Sep 2003
martin p benjafield (nottingham, nottinghamshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have read a lot of sales manuals,from John Fenton to Zig Ziglar. This book is the only one to hit the mark. I carry this book with me all the time. Use this as your bible of selling. This book is a must for anyone in sales!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have ever read on Selling, 24 Jan 2010
This review is from: One on One: Secrets of Professional Sales Closing (Paperback)
I have read lots of sales books since I have been in sales for 20 years. This really is one of the best I have ever read. Ian takes you through the attributes of a PRO_CLO (Professional Closer) and how to set the scene to avoid procrastination through to answering effectively the 42 most common objections and an arsenal of 60 closes finishing with how to avoid buyers remorse and writing repeat business. It is ALL about making the sale NOW not tomorrow. If you are in direct selling this really is an absolute must. If you are in more long term sales I would still urge you to buy it and adapt the principles.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book., 13 April 2013
D. Lamont (UK) - See all my reviews
This is basic down to earth information on selling. And it's NOT written by an American. How refreshing is that!

One on One: Secrets of Professional Sales Closing
One on One: Secrets of Professional Sales Closing by Ian Seymour (Paperback - 31 Mar 1994)
Used & New from: £0.01