Format: Paperback|Change

good
on 3 October 2014
good
on 30 April 2001
I think that this book is great! It's really funny and exciting. My favourite part is when Cuddy Detritus are learning to count.
I would reccomend this book to anyone over nine. It will appeal to most people plus it is one of the a series.
on 8 March 2000
i loved this book! this and Feet of Clay are the best in the series. love terry pratchett books and i started on reaperman. after reading the first two pages i've not stopped reading and loving terry pratchett. Vimes is a wonderful character but in guards guard, his first appearence he did seem to spend to much time in a gutter, this made it slightly boring but this one is so much better.if you love this you HAVE to read feet of clay.
the "boys" r back
"e-mail me if u love pratchett"
on 18 September 2012
The quality of the book is fine BUT it is not as illustrated. I WANTED A JOSH KIRBY COVER !
Those are the ones I would like to keep. Not the modern one. Is there anyone out there that would swap ?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2012
As a long standing fan of Terry Pratchett I have managed to collect all of his work. Recently I loaned one of my books (Men at Arms) to a "Friend" and didn't get it back. I tried to replace it with a hard-back, brand new copy from Amazon. What I received was a "library copy" that is badly bound, badly printed, measures 4"x7" and as the following message on the first page "If you purchased this book without a cover, you should be aware that this book is stolen property ....... neither the author or the publisher has received any payment for this stripped book" I shall return this shoddy piece of work forthwith and advise everyone to be aware of the term "lbrary copy".
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse