on 30 July 2003
This great novel tells the unforgettable story of a time-travelling teenager and his slightly mad scientist friend.
When Marty McFly ends up in the past, it is up to him and his friend, doctor Emmett Brown, to get him back to 1985, without altering the course of time and putting his future life at risk.
This novel is a great reminder of one of the greatest films of all time and gives readers an insight into extra scenes that were not shown on screen.
An excellent novel for back to the future fans and those new to the world of back to the future, highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2011
It's been a long time since I read a movie novelization. They are kinda artless but are usually adapted from the complete screenplay written immediately before production and thus have more character detail. The best period for novelizations was, without a doubt, the 80s, when better authors tried hard to make someone else's creation their own.

George Gipe (who also wrote Gremlins before he died of a bee sting in 1986) does great at putting us in the minds of Marty, Doc, and George in the first 60-year round-trip of this popular trilogy. The story zips along with not a single dull moment, fully detailing the world we've seen on-screen many times. It's definitely a new way to experience a familiar adventure.

The book is long OOP, but I don't understand something with a brand name as popular as this isn't still in print. Surely keeping BTTF on the shelfs (and on Kindle too, if you're that way inclined) is a financially viable thing to do. Either way, hunt it down.
on 26 March 2010
This book is an insightful and engaging read which allowed me to expeience the story in a whole new light, and I'm a huge fan of the films. It is based on the original screenplay, rather than blindly following the film. I highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in the story. You will not be disappointed!
on 29 June 2012
This book is well written and ties up some continuity errors in the film . It's a fairly substantial book and I enjoyed it very much . I recommend it for any back to the future fan .
on 25 November 2015
One of my favourite films and now one of my favourite books. Second hand and old but in very good condition. I'll keep it forever and get my children to read it too.
on 6 August 2013
Arrived in good time, also in very good conditio n. very happy with purchase. would reccommend to everyone. my son also happy as was bought for him
on 28 August 2013
Great Scott!!!!

I love it, a great read from the this movie.
Enjoyable and glad to have this product.

Thanks.
on 27 August 2009
As BTTF is one of my all-time favourite films, I was very curious about how the book would compare. It is an enjoyable read, bringing in deleted scenes from the film and some measure of insight into the characters' minds and motives. However, at times the writing style was quite laboured and didn't flow smoothly at all. I got the feeling that the author knew what he wanted his readers to see but wasn't quite sure how to transform his vision into words. Granted, that can be difficult and in some instances -- such as the famous skateboard chase -- he handled it well, but in other, more mundane scenes the narrative tripped over an abundance of words and redundant phrases.

As a film tie-in, it worked very well, bringing reminders of favourite scenes and funny moments, but as a stand-alone novel it failed due to poor and awkward writing.
on 1 October 2014
Everything as stated and book was in an acceptable state,
on 26 January 2015
Great book, excellent condition for a book of the 80's!