5.0 out of 5 stars Crossword dictionary
My mother in law is a big fan of this book - she has an old one that is now just a collection of pages held together by an elastic band.
Published on 22 Dec 2009 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Chambers Concise Dictionary
Published 16 months ago by Mr Nicholas J Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossword dictionary, 22 Dec 2009
This review is from: Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary (Paperback)
It has been much used and loved! Thus a new one has been purchased for her for Christmas. She is pleased - but will not get rid of an 'old friend' - the tatty one will now live upstairs and help her there. So I guess my review will be an excellent help for crossword fans - as shown by an 80 year old avid crossworder!

5.0 out of 5 stars chambers concise crossword dictionary, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary (Paperback)
Knew it was good - this was a replacement for a previous copy which had faled apart after many years use!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent condition on arrival, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary (Paperback)
I already use my own copy of this constantly now my friend can have the same joy. She was thrilled with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Chambers Concise Dictionary, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary (Paperback)
I bought this dictionary as a favour for a friend who hasn't any access to the internet. He already had an old copy which was falling to bits due to the constant use. It was described to be in good condition when it arrived it looked ok and he was quite pleased with it. It wasn't until he came to use it that he found the complete section of the words beginning with N were missing not much use for a dictionary! He hadn't thrown the old one away so he took the section from the old one and put it into the new one making one good book out of the two. Quite an expensive mistake .

5.0 out of 5 stars First class, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary (Paperback)
My Mum uses this book all the time. She's an avid crossword fan and rates this book as the best in its field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly excellent crossword dictionary, 4 Dec 2010
This review is from: Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary (Paperback)
Hi, my mother is onto her third one of these books. They are much loved and although we have tried other replacements when the books got too dog eared, I'm afraid that nothing lived up to the standard set by this book in my Mum's eyes. Only this evening it helped us finish off a number of clues. I'm not even a big crossword fan, but even I can tell it's a bit special

4.0 out of 5 stars book, 8 April 2014
Dr. Tucker (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary (Paperback)
Haven't had time to use it yet, but hear it is great and look forward to using it. However Amazon says I will lose all my reviews if I don;t review this now!

1.0 out of 5 stars CHAMBERS CONCISE CROSSWORD DICTIONARY, 2 Sep 2009
This review is from: Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary (Paperback)
HAVING ORDERED THIS BOOK ON 31st JULY AND AWAITED THE STIPULATED TIME FOR DELIVERY, I.E. 4 TO 17 DAYS, I E-MAILED WORLD OF BOOKS TO FIND OUT WHERE MY BOOK WAS. THEY E-MAILED BACK AND SAID THIS HAD BEEN DESPATCHED ON 4TH AUGUST - THIS MOST DEFINITELY HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED. I ASKED THE QUESTION WHEN WAS IT DESPATCHED AND BY WHOM, THEY SAID DESPATCHED ON 4TH AUGUST BY STANDARD ROYAL MAIL. I 'PHONED ROYAL MAIL AND AS IT WAS AFTER 15 DAYS A CLAIM COULD BE PUT IN BY THE SENDER. I AGAIN E-MAILED WORLD OF BOOKS ADVISING THEM OF THIS AND TODATE HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REPLY. THE MOST MOST ANNOYING POINT OF ALL THIS IS THE FACT THAT THIS APPEARED TO BE THE ONLY BOOK AVAILABLE AND I WOULD APPRECIATE A REPLY AND/OR A BOOK AS REQUESTED AND PAID FOR. OTHERWISE MY MONEY BACK IMMEDIATELY. A VERY VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.

Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary
Chambers Concise Crossword Dictionary by Elaine Higgleton (Paperback - 17 Sep 2001)
Used & New from: 3.84