on 2 September 2005
This is what I would call a 'straight-forward' puzzle book. There are no tips and strategies, just 70 puzzles, ranging from Elementary through Intermediate to Advanced, and their solutions. Thus there are not as many puzzles as other books, but wait, for those who don't know, these puzzles are in the same format but are in grids of 4 by 4; 16 by 16 in total. Thus there are 256 numbers to find in total, rather than 81. This factor alone means it is the equivalent of a normal Sudoku book which contains many more puzzles.
I have only just started doing Sudoku and Super Sudoku puzzles, but these puzzles seem to take well over the normal time you would expect with circa 3 times as many squares. It is very hard to visualise possibilities when the rows, columns and squares are bigger. Experienced Sudoku solvers I have known can take hours doing one of these puzzles.
In fact, I found them impossible until I spent some time developing a very handy spreadsheet for myself which provides a lot of guidance and can check entries against the solution, if one is available. Now I'm addicted.
As far as I know, this and volume 2 are the only books on the market dedicated to the larger puzzles and, if you want a change from the norm, I would recommend them.
on 13 August 2013
I did have a copy but lost it on holiday a few years ago and have searched for something as good, as it's out of print, so I had to wait for each Saturday's Independent to get a really nice 16 x 16 Sudoku. Once you get hooked on these, ordinary Sudoku just doesn't excite any more.
on 23 December 2013
Book was described as very good condition.The book I recieved had ink stains in various places, on quite a few of the pages and the cover.This book should have been described as being in poor condition..
on 1 April 2011
This is a great book and you'll be amazed how much more difficult the puzzles are when you have to substitute letters for numbers i.e. A, B, C instead of 10, 11, 12.

Would recommend it.
on 9 June 2014
A marvellous way for we over 70s to keep our minds active! Great for any age group though and small enough to transport around.
on 14 July 2013
the binding for the book is weak. pages come free with use. there is a good variety of Sudoku puzzles
on 20 August 2014
Hours of fun. Just like the ones that used to be in the paper.
on 29 October 2015
very prompt arrival, and contents as expected
on 22 January 2015