Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 January 2014
This book is not as strong as the first, so what? It's a series of books cynically engineered to get kids to play the video game that goes with it.
My issue comes when the final crisis at the end of this installment is precipitated by a threatening letter from an enemy to one of the child heroes: " imagine the starving faces of your family...imagine all the worse things than starvation that can befall a woman charged with betraying her lord...And if you do not?...they will starve this winter and the fate of your mother will be far crueller."
I hope my son is still naive enough to not take the same meaning from those phrases as an adult would. I have no intention of explaining to my 7 yr old what bad things can be done specifically to a woman because of this book. I think that books marketed to under 12s should be effectively rated 'U' or 'G' . I'm not impressed at the author's desire to shock children or at the editor's judgement.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2014
it's ok but the end is weird
I liked the first one more than this one
the second one is weirdly ended
on 5 May 2014
I loved this book,my favorite character would be Jhi,kind gental.
Who is your best character?I recommend 9-15/14 Mainly I think for kids.I loved this book Bradon Mule but I wasn't so sure about your games.Picking your spirit animal was fun,but I don't play the game.ANYWAY,REEEDDD THIIISSS!!!
on 15 March 2014
The inclusion of a game along with the book is a bit gimmicky however its encouraged him to get into the world and enjoy reading.

Great fantasy literature for the younger readers with a few challenging words to keep them on their toes.
on 10 August 2014
this is a truly great book.It is very well written and the plot keeps you interested. Immediately after finishing it, I downloaded the next two. you have to have read the first book to understand this one
on 2 January 2015
I had bought this for a 9 year old boy. The feedback I have got from him is really positive. He loved it and cannot wait to get his hands on the next book I. The series.
on 16 January 2014
This is an amazing book and I would recommend it to most people who I know. If I were you I would read this book and try the game since it looks good!
on 15 November 2015
This is a very moving story on 4 completely different people who are brought together by animals
Fascinating. I recommend this book
on 1 February 2014
I bougth this for my daughter, she loves animals. She thought this was really funny and loved it. She has collected the set now.
on 30 January 2014
This book is amazing!
It's very inspirational and It's lovely that Finn and the King are reunited with their spirit animals!