5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for beginners of all ages!
Although this pack looks aimed at children, I can assure you I had a lot of fun learning how to make clay charms!
Published 16 months ago by BunnyKissLondon

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
My grand daughters aged six and eight enjoyed this but the younger one needed quite a bit of help.
Published 11 days ago by Linda Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for beginners of all ages!, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Paperback)
The pack comes complete with a how-to book, a rainbow assortment of clay blocks, a plastic cutting/shaping tool, a small bottle of glaze as well as silver-coloured jumprings, headpins and charm bracelet for you to attach the baked charms to. I found the book extremely easy to follow, complete with basic instructions on how to condition, shape and mould charms in a variety of shapes. I was particularly attracted to the 'baking goods' section, which included doughnuts, cookies, ice cream cones and marshmallows, but the book also has great instructions on how to make animals such as hamsters, rabbits, fish and lizards! The clay blocks were of excellent quality for the variety and price point, they were easy to work with and the colours are very vivid for each block. The plastic tool was good for a basic job, as were the silver-coloured jewellery components. Although the clay and tools are not of professional quality (I am going to invest in some shaping tools as well as Fimo now) this pack provides a fun and useful introduction to making clay charms. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set including everything needed to start making modelling clay jewelry., 28 May 2014
Coffee & Vanilla "Margot" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Paperback)
As a child I used to make lots of things out of modelling clay so when my older daughter who is 8 years old expressed interest in this set she did not have to ask me twice.

The package include book, modelling clay in lovely colours, findings, plastic tool / cutter, glaze and metal bracelet to connect the charms.

What it does not include are the pliers which can be useful while connecting the findings but again, if you are into jewelry making you probably have already some tools at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very successful present, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Paperback)
I used it for my daughter's bday party, where she and her friends shared the clay and made little earrings, pendants, etc.
It was a great success and afterwards I gave it as present again and was instantly loved.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Paperback)
I would recommend this to anyone. Anybody can make charms with this even adults. Great birthday or Christmas present for any crafty person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely adorable & simple to do to., 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Paperback)
My children (age 9 & 6) loved creating these little charms. Great ideas, step by step instructions and you get the clay too! An amazing gift for not much money. This kept my daughters busy all over Christmas & they've asked me to buy more for presents for their friends too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I found the old love I had for plasterciene, 'rekindled', 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Paperback)
You can tell this book/set is primarily aimed at children, as the guide explains even the simplest things in detail with easy to follow diagrams step-by-step, all the way. The clay itself is in very small blocks, perhaps around the size of my little finger, (Although I wasn't expecting them to be big as I'd read a previous post about the size of them before ordering). And the simple fact it was a charm kit, I wasn't expecting to make anything huge either. The set itself I'd describe as an introduction to charm making, as you'd need to 'top up' clay and buy better tools if it's something that you enjoy doing, but personally, I found the old love I had for plasterciene, 'rekindled'. And my 13, and 18 year old came in the kitchen as I was opening it and joined in making things. Small items can be a little fiddly, but it's nothing major either, my hands can be quite shaky due to my health, and even I've manage to make cute things in the book, as well as some of my own. (We never really grow up do we? *Smiles*) The only downfall with the kit is that the colours are pressed together which can blend the colours a little, it's not a major issue however, you can scratch it off with the enclosed tool, and re-wrap them individually with clingfilm. But, honestly you can't complain for the price if it's something you want to give a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, both my 6 and 9 year old ..., 18 Sep 2014
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Paperback)
Excellent book, both my 6 and 9 year old girls love it, and can easily make the charms. We now buy fimo clay (as it didn't take long to use up all the clay provided!) and use this book for reference. Makes a great birthday gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift and just they look just as good are the pictures on the book when made, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Paperback)
tired of buying arts and crafts that look so perfect and professional ony to get them home, make them and it looks like tat. Not this! Great instructions, the kids were able to get going straight away and had such fun making them. well worth the value as the fimo is quite expensive. Klutz is really a make you can rely on, we've had some beautiful kits from them at a great price.

buy it, you won't regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 Dec 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab rainy day activity!, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Paperback)
This activity was really enjoyed by my 12 year old daughter and her friend one rainy afternoon, and the results looked exactly like the pictures in the book. I was impressed, and so were her friends - so much so that this has been requested as a birthday present a couple of times since. Over the years we have tried pretty much every Klutz activity book, and they always deliver.

Clay Charms (Klutz)
Clay Charms (Klutz) by April Chorba (Paperback - 1 Mar 2013)