5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun
Published on 7 Mar 2008 by Kiwi Mum

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, not really worth the money
Pro's: -

Nice book with plenty of different ideas for kids to draw on.

All you need, pens, paper and plastic spirial templates.

Con's: -

Not really that simple to understand at first.

Pens won't last very long, very short barrels.

It's a pain to get all of the spiral templates back into the plastic holder...
Published on 23 July 2010 by Christopher J. Davis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun, 7 Mar 2008
Kiwi Mum (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I bought the Spiral Draw Book for my 9-year old son last year. He has used it and used it. No complaints when asked to make a card, design a poster, write a letter. Everything has been decorated with different spiral patterns, or spiral patterns turned into animals, monsters, etc. It takes a bit of getting used to plus a bit of concentration, but now my 7-year old is starting to have a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, really does give hours of fun..., 22 Aug 2009
Cheshire Cat (Warrington, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Now I am a very sceptical father of a 6 year old daughter well used to buying presents that seemingly promise fun and hopefully a few hours peace only to find the picture on the box is actually the most colourful and memorable part of the gift.

Not so with this item! Even with the addition of the book,this was bought with some trepidation for her 6th birthday(would a DS generation kid really go in for glorified updated Spirograph?) but it has proven an immediate hit and has been returned to again and again.Now every child is different but, from our point of view and on the basis of our daughter's reaction,can't say better than that. A further indication of success is that other parents have now bought it.

Of related interest was that on a recent short break to EuroDisney, the restaurants there handed out 'gifts' of small toys to keep the kids occupied. And what did they hand out? Mini versions of Spirograph and the kids loved them.

So, a 5/5 that I would not have predicted when we bought it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great present for 8yrs plus, 15 Oct 2009
S. Green (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This was given to my 8yr old daughter and she loves it - so does her 10yr old sister! Not too many parts and pens still working, although not difficult to find others that fit. Perfect for miserable weather days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than just a book., 4 Oct 2010
First things first, as well as the book you get three pens, four spiral wheels and a holder. You don't need the book to draw spirals, it is there more for inspiration.

Now, I originally bought Spirograph Classic, as I wanted to draw patterns with my kids. However, it was very disappointing, and not at all like the spirograph I grew up with all those years ago. So in desperation I bought this, as it had mainly very good reviews.

I wasn't disappointed. The kids love it, and the concept is very simple to grasp. It is easy to use, and there is a huge variety of patterns available to draw.

This is perfect for rainy days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 3 Nov 2009
J. Tarrant - See all my reviews
This was bought as a birthday present for a four-year-old and proved to be a massive hit, not only with the recipient but also with everyone else around. Fantastic value and many hours of entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 22 Dec 2010
Read reviews about the traditional Spirograph which suggested I should avoid it for my daughter - bought this instead - it's great - the teeth are big enough to prevent it slipping too much, the book that goes with it has lots of lovely ideas. I found myself having a go at making a picture too and couldn't put it down - very therapeutic and took me right back to my childhood! The only draw back is there's no where to easily store the wheels and frame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 24 Feb 2010
Jacqueline Liddell (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this for a college project and it's brought back many happy memories!! The book is more of a kiddies doodlepad but the actual spirograph set and pens are brilliantly easy to use. I remembered using this as a kid and it would jump all over the place but this one stays in place to make perfect drawings. Oodles of fun : )

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, not really worth the money, 23 July 2010
Christopher J. Davis (UK) - See all my reviews
Pro's: -

Nice book with plenty of different ideas for kids to draw on.

All you need, pens, paper and plastic spirial templates.

Con's: -

Not really that simple to understand at first.

Pens won't last very long, very short barrels.

It's a pain to get all of the spiral templates back into the plastic holder at the front of the book for storage, very fiddley.

Feels a little cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present for 7 yr old, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Spiral Draw (Klutz) (Paperback)
She loves it. Perfect present for 7 yr old girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Spiral Draw (Klutz) (Paperback)
This is such fun to use. It doesn't leap about like some others I have tried. The cogs fit nearly together. The little book is a bit basic but good for ideas to work on.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Spiral Draw (Klutz)
Spiral Draw (Klutz) by Doug Stillinger (Paperback - 4 Oct 2012)
10.49