5.0 out of 5 stars Hobnobbing with the dinosaurs, 1 April 2011
Jane Lebow "jennywren" (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Like so many others of the Magic School Bus books, this one is a charmer, informative and funny. Ms. Frizzle and her students take a trip into prehistory and meet the dinosaurs with a variety of comments and levels of enthusiasm. The story is itself a lot of fun; the students' "reports," shown in the margins add engrossing facts.

These stories can be enjoyed by the whole family and read over and over. In our case the readers (or read-to) in the family ranged from five years old to sixty-eight, and the story inspired lively conversations among us. The wonderfully quirky story and the comments of Ms. Frizzle and her students make Magic School Bus stories unique. Enjoyment and learning are combined effortlessly, and one need not be an avid student of science to go along happily for the ride.

We already have several others in the series (we especially like the ones written by the original authors), and I'm sure we'll buy others. We've explored the ocean floor, the human body, space and other places. What's next, Ms. Frizzle? Who knows, but I hope to find out soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent book, 29 Sep 2008
Lindsey (Bangkok, Thailand) - See all my reviews
we borrowed this book from a neighbour and while my son is only 4 years old he loved to look at the pictures and hear the basic story. This book can be read on different levels as there is the basic text and cartoon style aditional text for older children. I found this extremely informative in a light and fun way. I will be buying this book for my son, and others in the series.

The Magic School Bus in the Time of Dinosaurs - Audio
The Magic School Bus in the Time of Dinosaurs - Audio by Bruce Degen (Audio CD - April 2012)
5.88