5.0 out of 5 stars escapeism!
Having actually met Winter, the film is a bit "sugary" but its the sort of film that the whole family can watch and enjoy, the quality is really good and i received it really quickly
Published 17 months ago by Karen-lesley price

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reader
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by Suzy-Q

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reader, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: A Tale of True Friendship (Paperback)
My 3 kids and I went to see this movie when it first came out in England. We loved it and I can't wait for the DVD release. So I thought how great it would be to buy this book for my 9 year old girl! I figured since an American thought it was good for a struggling 7th grader, it would be good for my Year 5 (equivalent to Grade 4). Well, how wrong was I. This book is really an Easy Reader book ... only 32 pages and at most 4 sentences in large font on each page. The pictures are from the movie and the story is from the movie ... it doesn't go into the real life version. If you want to go indepth into the story from the movie, then this book is NOT for you. However, if you want a book for a Year 1 or 2, maybe a quick read for a Year 3 who is mad about Dolphins, loved the movie and wants something to remember the movie ... then this book is for you!

2.0 out of 5 stars A book or pamphlet, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Dolphin Tale: A Tale of True Friendship (Paperback)
Bought this with the impressionthat it was a decent length book. Unfortunately it it very thin and jsut a snapshop of the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars escapeism!, 14 Feb 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, but only because of one reason!, 8 April 2012
Fantastic movie must admit, BUT, as they say it is a true story, it is not.

This movie was written by my girlfriend when she was just 12 years old. It was published when she was 14.

Then this movie came out, we watched it and what do you know? Its actually the movie TO THE BOOK.
From every word, to every happening in the movie, not all of it though, as they know plagiarism IS ILLEGAL.

They never asked permission by my girlfriend NOR the producer of the book itself (Book Guild)if they could make it into a movie, instead they decided to illegally copy it and make MILLIONS off of it.

I wish Warner Bros would admit to their plagiarism, but since they are cowering behind their millions that they made from this, they dont give a flying *censored*, because they have gained money from it.

Thus I do think that this, although is a good movie, should only get MINIMUM stars, good storyline (because was written by my girlfriend) but the fact that they copied it voids any creditability.

Dolphin Tale: A Tale of True Friendship
Dolphin Tale: A Tale of True Friendship by Emma Ryan (Paperback - Aug 2011)
2.40