4.0 out of 5 stars Thriller, 4 May 2013
brilliant for adventure lovers with lots of historical facts included! A suspense filled trip around the world! A fun exciting book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 April 2013
This review is from: The Island of Thieves (Paperback)
This book was just as the discription stated - like new, no creases or damaged corners. It arrived well before the predicted arrival date and was packed approporiately. I would use this company again with no hesitation.
Many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Read, 11 Feb 2013
C. Preece (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Island of Thieves (Paperback)
I read this with a group of Year 5 (9-10 years) pupils. It is a fantastic story and a real page turner. The boys and girls enjoyed it equally. I think the secret is that the two main characters lurch from one problem to another and you're never quite sure whether they will survive. One of the boys likened it to an Alex Rider adventure, so would be suitable for children who like those stories. We are now going to read the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good book-I love it., 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Island of Thieves (Paperback)
The story is good, very exciting and interesting. Just the right length for me. I thought we would like it because the Grk books are so good. I was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 18 Dec 2012
J. Kissack (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Island of Thieves (Paperback)
My 10 year old son brought this home from the library at school and not having heard of the author before, wondered if he would enjoy this book. We read at bedtime only a chapter each night, however we found with this book we were wanting to cheat and count how many pages were in the next chapter to see if we could read more. Tom and uncle Harvey had us captivated and I have ordered their next adventure for him for Christmas and more copies of this book for his friends Christmas presents. Well done Josh Lacey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adventure Story for Kids, 24 Aug 2012
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Island of Thieves (Paperback)
Tom Trelawney's parents are heading out for a week's vacation - that is if they can find a place for Tom to stay. In desperation, they dump him with his uncle - a man he's only met a few times.

But Tom's just been dropped off when Uncle Harvey announces that he actually must go to Peru on urgent business. That business is following up on a clue Harvey just got to a treasure. Tom talks his way into the trip, but they've just landed when they cross paths with one of Peru's most notorious criminals. Can they find the treasure, stay one step ahead of this villain, and return home alive?

I really did enjoy this story. Things start off fast and continue to race toward the conclusion. I often didn't know how Tom and Harvey would stay alive, so I was turning pages as quickly as I could to find out more.

The characters could have been better developed, but I'm sure the upper elementary school main audience won't mind in the least.

This is a fast moving fast read that you won't want to put down. Buy it today and enjoy.

Island of Thieves
Island of Thieves by Josh Lacey (Paperback - 8 Oct 2013)
Out of stock