on 10 October 2009
A very detailed map. However, there's no real contrast between the Mare and higher areas. Or ejector areas. You need to look carefully to find Tyco, for example. It doesn't actually resemble, at first glance, how the moon looks to the naked eye.
Once you've got over this, it's very useful.
on 4 November 2009
Good quality map - detailing the moon's craters and surface very well. I have telescope that shows an upsidedown image though - so it can be annoying trying to read it that way - will get used to it im sure. Do note: it's Missing the latest Nasa washing machine crater though.
on 18 October 2013
For starting out, amateur astronomers, interested in the varied and mysterious luna! This fold-out map is an excellent reference for helping you to navigate your way around our amazing satellite.
on 2 March 2014
Such detail and so much information. Excellent value for anyone fascinated by the night sky. I can thoroughly recommend it.
on 21 January 2014
Interesting, especially for a moon gazer like me. There is so much detail on this map, more than on a map of England!
on 7 April 2013
It is very good as a map,and very useful .The only problem is I thought it was a book! obviously my brain
on 10 July 2009
it's big but some of the script is small like hard to see, but its real big
on 12 February 2014
I ordered this "map" as a christmas for my grandson along with a telescope (which I purchased elsewhere). That was on the 5th of December it is now the 12 of Feb, all amazon say you can cancel your order - well I do not want to cancel my order I want you to deliver the map which I purchased. I thought it was against the law to sell something which you do not actually possess - I am sure there is a specific word, can anyone remind me. - It is now the 26th of March I got an email this morning from Amazon - "We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information." well we are now in week 16 and still waiting !
on 18 August 2014