As a person who is a mere generation removed from that of William Shatner, I was thrilled that this book 'spoke' to me. From the wonderful cover photo to the very last sentence, I could not put this book down. In fact, I read it over the short span of two evenings.

A funny yet simultaneously serious look at life, Shatner Rules has me at last understanding the concept behind self-promotion. NOTE: As a writer myself, I've never been comfortable with promoting my work. Thanks to Bill Shatner, that has changed.

Throughout the stories and anecdotes this reader came away with the intended message: Say yes to opportunity because it may lead to something better. That happened frequently for Mr. Shatner and reading about it made for great entertainment. There were many places where I had to simply read passages aloud for my husband. My favorite story is of the William Shatner Thanksgiving Blowout!

Thank you Mr. Shatner for such an entertaining book and for teaching this reviewer the secret behind Saying Yes!
on 19 January 2012
Please don't get me wrong - I adored Shatner's previous book 'Up til Now' which was all over the place but so entertaining, but this seems quite bitter in places and spoilt the light touch that he generally has.
on 10 April 2015
This book was a true joy to read. I wasn’t even suppose to read, my plan was just to check in the first chapter but I was hooked, line and sinker. It was a quick read; it was both easy written and so funny that I couldn’t stop reading. Star Trek is kind of a big thing in America (see image below)

William Shatner is and always will be (I almost quoted the wrath of khan) best known for roll of Captain Kirk. If you want a deep biography about Shatner and Star Trek, this isn’t the book for you, then you should read Star Trek Memories and/or Star Trek Movie Memories. But if you want a couple of hour of entertainment, then this book is for you!
on 30 November 2011
I bought the book and loved the style and great humour involved in it. Getting the cd was a brilliant idea so I can lighten the boredam on some of my longer journeys for work. Highly recommended.
on 1 February 2016
Read by William Shatner, this book is a must. I love his sense of humor and his acerbic asides make it even funnier.
I enjoyed the audiobook so much I bought the book!
Brilliant!
on 20 November 2014
Excellent, this is mr shatner at his very best
on 20 May 2014
I really
enjoyed this book I only read William
Shatner book I had two strokes in 06 very slow. Paula boucher?