Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 28 September 2013
I purchased this book because the Westerby Inheritance, which preceeded it, ended on a cliff hanger. This book is only available second hand and is expensive. Imagine my disappointment when I found that the cliff hanger was dismissed in the first 2 pages by killing off 3 of the main characters from the previous book. We were therefore left with the story of the remaining 2 Westerby Sisters and the young heir. True the "baddie" from the previous book was still around, plotting, but the remaining characters were aware of her malice and her machinations were a secondary plot rather than the main one.

Having said that, this was a good romp in true Marion Chesney / MC Beaton style and very enjoyable. But treat it as a stand alone and decide on that basis if it is worth the high price being charged for it.
on 22 February 2014
I read The Westerby Inheritance, then, moved onto The Westerby Sisters. I shouldn't have bothered. The names of the characters have, for some reason, been altered. Hetty in the first book is the girls mother, Sally, one of the sisters. If the author can't even get the names right, it shows an appalling lack of concentration. I had lost interest by page four, with the characters I was interested in having been killed off and the blatant errors annoying me. Don't bother buying this book...it's a waste of money and time.