5.0 out of 5 stars Especially love the CD-ROM

2.0 out of 5 stars Not So Advanced
Product was easy to
- install in Windows 7
- navigate

The range of vocabulary is not suitable to claim it as ADVANCED Dictionary.

Disappointment.
Published on 9 Mar 2010 by Amazon Loyal Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Especially love the CD-ROM, 31 Dec 2009
Edwin (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Bought this title a couple of weeks ago, needing a solid dictionary for work. Have to say that I barely touched the book after having installed the software from the accompanying CD-ROM. The software tool is open all the time that I am writing and - being a non-native speaker - I also use the pronunciation tool quite often when I check a word for spelling or meaning. For me this dictionary has become almost indispensable, speeding up my English, technical writing considerably. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cambridge Advanced Learners' Dictionary, 27 Aug 2009
Awonderful book, although somewhat large in size. Great for the library or classroom shelf. Font sizes clear and easy to read, search facility on CD works great. I have to say this book is wonderful for the efl or English teacher, as well as learners. Everything you want to know in one place. A great reference book for learners in the classroom CD can be installed on a laptop or deskop computer and used when required. examples of commonly used English expressions with explanations about their meaning. Grammar points and plenty of examples of how different words are used.
Margaret

5.0 out of 5 stars The best dictionary, 18 July 2009
This dictionary is perfect for intermediate/advanced students.

Why?
It's simple: when you study English one of the most difficult things to learn is the pronunciation. If you are studying English and need a dictionary to give you the meaning of a word and its pronunciation, that's the best option.

I also use the online version but it's very handy to have this one too as you won't be always connected and the perfect time to look up for a new word is just after you hear or read it.

If you don't understand the phonetic symbols there is another book from the Cambridge collection: English Pronunciation in Use - Intermediate (Mark Hancock). Make sure you buy it with the CD.

Both books will help you a lot with your pronunciation.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best dictionary ever, 1 Mar 2011
I bought this Cambridge dictionary in 2009 in it's far better and far convienent than the OXFORD one. It is a must have for students like me, non-native speaker (I am a native french spaeker). It gives you a clear and precise explanation of the word with plenty of examples. It also shows you the most appropriate context that you can use the word. You can also built up your own vocabulary throufh the CD Room which I found easy to use. To be honest I barely use the Book since I've installed the CD on my PC. I made lots of progress and it is better than using a FRENCH-ENGLISH/ENGLISH-FRENCH. dictionary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic resource, 14 Jun 2010
As a native speaker teacher, this is the only dictionary that students need in the upper forms for learning English as a second language.

Clearly laid out and easy to use with a fantastic CD-rom to help with pronunciation...what more do you need?

5.0 out of 5 stars Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary CD-ROM, 26 Aug 2010
This is a great product, works well on Windows-XP and Windows-7 and is excellent value for money. It is very convenient to use for checking words and searching for words with its built in Thesaurus. It is also fun to use, very interesting to browse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dictionary, 11 May 2008
This review is from: Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary with CD-ROM (Dictionary & CD Rom) (Hardcover)
At long last the third edition of Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary CD runs on a Mac! I'm glad that I no longer have to keep a PC at hand when using my iMac. Although its PC-like interface on a Mac leaves much to be desired but it's a relief to see that dictionary publishers have started to take Steve Jobs' fans seriously. Some of its functions like QuickFind run specifically on PCs and Mac users have to insert the entries manually but it's still worth using its quick reference. There's no installer for the Mac and users have to copy the needed files onto their hard disk but it's rather an easy task given that only two elements must be transferred. The book like all other previous dictionaries is well designed and can be easily consulted. All in all it's a MUST for all serious English learners and I highly recommend it. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary with CD - ROM, 6 May 2011
When I bought this dictionary I knew what I was buying. When I did my CELTA it helped me a lot. I'm very pleased with it, the CD with the pronunciation is the best. I have already recommended this dic. to my friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars English Cambridge Dictionary, 14 April 2011
Uah! This stuff is a very good one. In my opinion, the best dictionary to learn English I have ever seen.
The included CD dictionary is good as well, and it has a practical thesaurus.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 26 April 2010
this dictionary is excelent and you will never imagine that unless you gor it with cd
you do not need any thing else and i think is affordable

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary with CD-ROM (Dictionary & CD Rom)
Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary with CD-ROM (Dictionary & CD Rom) by Cambridge University Press() (Hardcover - 10 April 2008)