5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing Excellence
Having been through the first two great course books I took up this one (rather stupidly) in the run-up to my finals. This book has taken me longer to get through than the previous two because of this but I enjoyed it just as much.
Published on 31 Oct 2005 by Cold_Water

3.0 out of 5 stars Postage issues
The book is a paperback and arrived damaged in the spine - I think it would have been damaged in transit as was in a "soft" envelope. - So perhaps "stiffer" envelopes for softback books? Apart from that arrived quickly.
Published 17 months ago by A M Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing Excellence, 31 Oct 2005
This review is from: Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book (Paperback)
The usual format prevails - chapter by chapter we are introduced to a story woven through the books that involves Quintus and Salvius from books one and two. As the book progresses the story gets more involved and is actually quite complicated at times.
With each chapter there is new grammar and vocabulary introduced with little tests and sections to see how well you have understood what has been gone through. Another very helpful feature is that some of these sections refer to grammar from a previous chapter to ensure that you have not just read through the information, done the exersizes and moved on without taking any of it in as the story progresses. At the end of the book every new part of the language is reviewed with some more exersizes and there is a full and complete dictionary for all the vocabulary introduced in the book.
On a more personal note, being at University in Bath I was able to visit the baths which were an integral part of the story and see the items and translations featured in the text. This was pretty amazing and really helped bring the whole thing 'to life,' as it were. This technique of using such available Roman remains to reinforce what is being taught is great as it makes the language seem anything other than dead.
Overall: optimus! Roll on book four.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed, 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book (Paperback)
I needed this book for my U3A Latin classes. So it has been perfect. It is easy to navigate through. There are interesting articles in English giving the history of the time. There are excercises explaining the grammar needed. At the back there is a limited dictionary Latin to English for words needed when translating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cambridge Latin Course Book III, 27 July 2012
This review is from: Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book (Paperback)
I am studying the Cambridge Latin Course as an independent learner having failed GCSE Latin about 42 years ago! I have worked through books I and II and I absolutely love it; I would not be studying it otherwise. Book III is just as good as the previous two levels. Imagine being able to say that learning Latin is fun! The language exercises and the vocabulary are carefully introduced and reinforced with plenty of revision and practice. The stories for translation are very entertaining and you find yourself learning new concepts without realising. There is a section in each stage (chapter) on the cultural background of Roman life which is very interesting and inspires you to go out and visit the Roman remains in the UK which really brings the stories and history to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Latin refresher, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book (Paperback)
I did Latin for A Level, 40 years ago, and wanted a course book which would be straightforward to follow but which would refresh my prior learning (much forgotten). This Cambridge course is excellent and I am enjoying working my way through the grammar, the exercises and relearning a little about the culture of ancient Rome. As always with Amazon,my order was processed quickly and the books arrived within days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easing up to GCE level, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book (Paperback)
We are a small class (4) of mature adults studying Latin because we love it, having missed the chance in our schooldays. We have been studying from the Cambridge Latin course but the learning curve suddenly grew steeper with their book III. This course takes books III to V to cover the same ground: the slower pace makes for faster learning. We miss the ongoing reference to the poet Horace's life and the introduction to his poems in the Oxford book, but we need the grammar explanations and exercises which follow each chapter in this book (They are in the Oxford book as well, but tucked away at the back where one ievitably misses them or, even with the best intentions, skims over them). For the story of Horace we have instead Romano-British history, focussing at the moment on Aquae Sulis (Bath, to English speakers!)

5.0 out of 5 stars hic est liber optimus. me valde delectat., 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book (Paperback)
My mother and I were inspired to re-learn Latin after a trip to Pompeii. I did this course in 1982 and loved it then. Went on to do a degree in Ancient History & Classical Civilisation. The units were separate pamphlets then. This has great colourful photos and I love how the language is taught though story based on places, characters & evidence from parts of the Roman Empire. This was an eagerly awaited Christmas present. Not finished Book 2 myself but will be buying this as soon as... Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brains not included!, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book (Paperback)
Good service thanks. Pity I'm not quite intelligent enough to learn Latin easily! Looking forward to getting Book four next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 25 April 2013
EXCELLENT
Very good, just what I expected. it will assist with the GCSE course and it is very easy to understand

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Latin book I've seen, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book (Paperback)
Best Latin book I've studied from in the 50 years since I left school (and far better than the ones I had then).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 11 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book (Paperback)
Cambridge Latin Course really has the knack of making the learning process interesting through the many ordeals and happenings of the characters in the book.
An excellent guide to learning Latin.

Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book
Cambridge Latin Course Book 3 Student's Book by Cambridge School Classics Project (Paperback - 22 Mar 2001)
Used & New from: 9.45