Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 February 2011
I teach English as a foreign language and I bought this to use with advanced students. I am very pleased with it. I like the way that idioms are broken down into different topic areas e.g. sailing idioms,which includes idioms such as "taken aback", "all hand on deck" etc. The explanations are clear and the exercises are logical and relevant. I am sure that I will find it very useful.
on 25 July 2011
I really liked this book. It gives lots of examples and is clearly laid out with sections dealing with e.g.: business idioms, sporting idioms, nautical idioms, etc. so that students can get the idea of using a series of related idioms in their written work. The exercises are a useful backup to the clear explanations. I would definitely recommend it to other teachers (and their students).
on 16 January 2014
This textbook is exactly what its name says. I was pretty happy with it, if you need a help with idioms, get this one.
on 11 September 2014
EXCELLENT
on 27 December 2015
It's fun to learn.
It is easy to understand the meaning.
on 11 February 2015