4.0 out of 5 stars extra material for EAL learners
Published on 7 Mar. 2012 by Katy L

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT what you expect!!!!
Published on 26 Jan. 2012 by Locksmith

4.0 out of 5 stars extra material for EAL learners, 7 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Cambridge IGCSE First Language English Teacher's Resource Book with CD-ROM (Cambridge International Examinations) (Spiral-bound)
This book is superb if you are looking for additional practice material. I give extra English support to non-native speakers who are sitting IGCSE first language papers, I want to avoid repeating work they have done in class. I have found these lessons well planned and interesting. The exam tips and rubrics are especially useful for EAL students (Intermediate/ upper int/ advanced)

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT what you expect!!!!, 26 Jan. 2012
BUYERS BEWARE!!!!! If you think that you're buying the teacher's Guide for the Course Book and Workbook - YOU ARE WRONG! This book has NOTHING to do with them. I spent a LOT of money buying something I didn't need (or else could have bought on it's own without the other 2). It has NO ANSWERS to the coursebook! This is why I gave it such a low rating. Also note that you have to have an internet connection in order to use the CD ROM effectively. HOWEVER, it is a great book on it's own with good resources for teachers(I would have given it a 5 star rating on it's own). I think this product is a deceptive sale, as it is not in keeping with items such as Cambridge IGCSE Physics, where the 3 books are correlated. CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS - you seem to be just out out make money and are not providing your clients with the quality & consistency they are paying for. The "system" is not uniform and certainly not user friendly!

5.0 out of 5 stars IGCSE made easy, 24 April 2014
Easy to access and clear to relate to the IGCSE course. The CD enabled me to focus on specific areas with identified students.

4.0 out of 5 stars IGCSE English Teachers Book, 12 Sept. 2011
I bought this along with the student coursebook. It was rather expensive, but I still think it might be worth it (results will tell!). I was disappointed in that the teacher's book is not directly linked to the students' coursebook... this means that I have to do a lot of planning to avoid repetition. CD is useful but nothing amazing.