5.0 out of 5 stars Aha
Nearly 25 years have gone by since I acquired my venerable Archbishop of a Physics degree. How many lecture hours did I sit through watching professors scribble their mathematics in coloured chalks, `only' to learn how to manipulate theorems in order to find an answer? Did I get what Maxwell's equations were actually about? Alas no, not then. I do now.

My...
Published on 11 May 2009 by J. M. Greenwood

3.0 out of 5 stars A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations
A good chapter on electric fields. The chapter on magnetic fields was poor in my view. Basic field equations were not derived and I am surprised when any text book uses symbols which they do not actually define.
A useful book apart from this criticism.

Published on 3 Aug 2012 by monk_man

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 13 Oct 2014
R. Small (London UK) - See all my reviews
Just brilliant. I wish I had this when I was at university. It puts it so clearly, even a dumbo like me can grasp it. Fleisch writes with clarity and brevity. Not too much waffle, yet everything is EXPLAINED. May he long continue to write mathematical texts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Oct 2014
This review is from: A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations (Paperback)
Brilliant. My background as a researcher was in applying Maxwell's equations in stratified media. I think that this is the best student introduction to this I have ever seen

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of book on Maxwells Equaqtions, 15 Nov 2010
This review is from: A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations (Paperback)
This book is an excellent introduction to vector calculus as it relates to electromagnetism and finally to Maxwells Equations.The Physics is set out in easily understandable sections and the diagrams are simple and quite powerful.I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a first easy course on Maxwells Equations.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations (Paperback)
A useful book apart from this criticism.

The author contacted me subsequently and asked me to give an example of an omision; he had tried to ensure that everything in the book was defined. I gave an example and was then offered a book from the Cambridge catalogue for spotting the omision. He said he will amend the text for the next edition.

The books were very expensive; no sign of one yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Sep 2014
Gooood

4.0 out of 5 stars Maxwlls equation, 3 Mar 2009
Martin Court "Martin" (Notts England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations (Paperback)
The book is very good, has pritty much my whole electromanganitsm course explained very well and in detail, all in one book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations
A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations by Daniel Fleisch (Paperback - 10 Jan 2008)