4.0 out of 5 stars Good preparation for CAE
I have taught Advanced level English using this textbook for two years and have found it generally very satisfactory. The material is presented in exam format, so helps students get used to the CAE tasks as they acquire general skills.
I particularly liked the writing paper materials, helping students get to grips with different registers and formats.
My only...
Published on 26 Sep 2011 by elt

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed
Published 17 months ago by Ciara

4.0 out of 5 stars Good preparation for CAE, 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: Complete CAE Student's Book with Answers with CD-ROM (CD-ROM)
My only criticism is the quality and quantity of exercises for the Use of English paper. It doesn't appear to reach the level that students then find when they do the actual test.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 14 Feb 2013
I recently bought this book and was really looking forward to using it. As it says its a COMPLETE CAE I presumed that the cd that accomoanies it has the listening activities on it. I was disapointed to see that it hasn't and that the cd has other additional activities. After finding the cds that have the books listening activities I find that they are very expensive. If I had known I would have thought twice before buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very complete and visually pleasing, 18 Jun 2013
I quite like this book and even though it is a bit pricy it is worth it. The teacher's book isn't necessary if you get this pack as it has very little added value. Great listening tasks, great speaking tasks, well laid out (very dynamic although it looks a bit disorganised bcs of this), and very complete. I would recommend it to anyone preparing the CAE who is well organised. If you aren't or are a student unused to working on your own, you might want to have a look at the Compact series (same publisher). If you can wait, they are supposed to be coming out with a 'Compact Advanced' (Compact First already exists), otherwise, this one will do the trick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Complete, 10 Nov 2012
This book is really complete to preparare the Cae exam.
Hard at the beggining, but very useful.
I recomend it for anyone who is going to prepare the CAE exam, and also if they want to improve his/her english.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, 7 April 2014
That book is not good to prepare the CAE on your own, It is a good student book but it is thought to work as a part of a group.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 30 July 2013
A great book for students studying for the CAE exam or just general English, some nice exercises for vocabulary and little grammar exercises too. Lots of readings and listenings. A good book for the teacher and students. I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 1 Jan 2013
The Complete CAE Student's Book and Workbook are good and complete combination to study CAE. The delivery and shipping services provided by Amazon.co.uk are fantastic. I definitely would like to put a good review here. I ordered the books on 28th, and I received on 31st, it took 3 days to deliver the books from UK to Malaysia. On top of that, I received the books 3 days earlier than the estimated date of delivery. In addition, I received the books that were in a good condition. It was worth to pay for the shipping. Good job Amazon.co.uk!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 Mar 2013
I am very happy with this book and I still have to write 7 letters to publish my comment. Done.

Complete CAE Student's Book with Answers with CD-ROM
Complete CAE Student's Book with Answers with CD-ROM by Simon Haines (CD-ROM - 23 April 2009)
23.66