5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and a good pleasure read., 7 Feb 2001
This review is from: Animal Physiology: Adaptation and Environment (Hardcover)
This book is on my suggested reading list for my university degree and because of this as with most other texts books I have to buy I thought it would be a dull read that would bore me whilst learning. Not only is this book the best text book I have come across in my studies but it is probably the easiest to read.
The book is well set out, with many diagrams charts and pictures which unlike some text books are well explained and informative. The complex ideas that Schmidt-Nielsen writes about are easy to comprehend and I believe that even a non-scientist would be able to enjoy this book. The authur allows the fascinating world of animal physiology to be accesable to all readers, as there seems to be a basic outline of the forthcoming paragraph and then Schmidt-Nielsen goes into the detail.
It is overall a well written book that keeps me entertained whilst at the same time I learn facts which I need for my course. The only problem with this book is that when reading it is very difficult to stop, so that you can put some of that learnt knowledge on to paper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Physiology Easy, 13 Feb 2004
Mr. I. A. Baxter "snailman" (UK, Wales) - See all my reviews
Schmidt-Nielsen is an invaluable addition to any zoologists book collection. It covers all subjects neccesary for physiology modules, from electric production in eels to the workings of neurones and hormones in all animals. All concepts are explained well and to degree level, but are written in a way that is eaily read and digested, a perfect book for the student who is a bit bogged down in the subject. THIS BOOK IS A PURCHASE YOU WILL NOT REGRET!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Dec 2013
Steve Tullett (Wellingborough, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Animal Physiology: Adaptation and Environment (Hardcover)
Had this book at university. Now 40 years later, I have bought it again. Still one of the best textbooks around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book !, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Animal Physiology: Adaptation and Environment (Hardcover)
This is a very good book if your studying an animal related degree i.e. Wildlife Conservation Like myself. If your stuck with a topic on adaptations for example endothermic and exothermic regulation it puts it in a way in which is easy to understand :) very good book to refer too if you stuck on a hard topic

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Animal Physiology: Adaptation and Environment (Hardcover)
The book came exactly as stated. It is an incredibly useful book on learning about the physiology of different animals and has a subtle blend between university standard and introductory information, so the basic concepts can soon be expanded upon. The animal and environmental examples are also very good.

Animal Physiology: Adaptation and Environment
Animal Physiology: Adaptation and Environment by Knut Schmidt-Nielsen (Hardcover - 10 April 1997)
38.45