Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 April 2012
This is a wonderful introduction to the subject of set theory and logic. The author has a nice free flowing style, and includes many warnings and remarks that help solidify the content. The emphasis on the book is on understanding, and the author is not frightened to either defer some proofs to other books when they are either too long and technical, or leave proofs to the reader when they are obvious. This acts to keep the book moving along in a very readable fashion.
This was my first introduction to the subject matter, and I felt that the book was very self-contained, and written with a style that really helped me understand the concepts. The chapter on infinite cardinals I found much easier to follow than some other texts I have read.