Format: Hardcover|Change

This is a very comprehensive and detailed book on computational complexity. Its target audience are the advanced undergraduates or the first-year graduate students in computational science or a related field. The book has many good and interesting exercises and is very suitable as a textbook. It can be used as a self-study textbook for researchers in other fields as well. However, the notation may not be too familiar to those who have not had any prior exposure to the topics in computational complexity. I am a theoretical Physicist and I consider myself to be fairly well versed in advanced mathematics, but I would probably want to read a book that is at a level just below this one in order to familiarize myself with the notational conventions. Otherwise, it is an extremely interesting and well-organized textbook.
on 10 October 2010
The most comprehensive introduction on computational complexity by far. Arguments are presented in a clear way and good distribution among the chapters. I suggest this book for a graduate introduction to the subject, but also as a masterpiece in your computer science personal library.
on 27 March 2010
Though I haven't completed reading the entire text, I use it more as a handy reference for state of the art content on Complexity Theory ... The book is up-to-date and well organized, Part One is an Excellent Coverage of the Basics... just a sufficiently indepth coverage and just good enough mathematical treatment An excellent Modern Day Companion to Garey-Johnson !