5.0 out of 5 stars An essential book for electronics enthusiasts
As an electronics hobbyist, I must say that I can't rate this book highly enough.
It is a very good introduction to the fundamentals of electronics, such as how transistors behave, as well as having a large number of "cookbook" examples of good and bad circuits.
It is written in a nice, easy, informal style, without heavy emphasis on mathematics. Although it is...
Published on 15 Oct 2002 by S. Ellis

3.0 out of 5 stars A once great book
Update: The long awaited 3rd edition of this text is apparently completed and being typeset, with a view to release mid 2014. You are advised not to buy this edition!

I am well aware that i am treading a dangerous line here. Many people fanatically swear by the "Bible" as it is so often called.

I'm sure that at some point, this really was the best...
Published on 9 Oct 2009 by Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars The best reading for a novice in Electronics, 15 July 2001
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
I am a software engineer. As such, most terms in Electronics were foreign to me. This book is the first book I have picked in the field because now that I am working in the development of DSP-based applications, I needed a general understanding about electronics.
I think that this book provides a very good reading even for a beginner like myself. Typically it starts with a basic overview (which in my case often suffices), and gradually gets into more in-depth illustartions. It also provides useful samples of 'good' and 'bad' designs and refers to further bibliography. All in a very practical way.

5.0 out of 5 stars The electronics bible., 17 Sep 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
I work for a major semiconductor company. If I look around the office I can see a copy of this book on nearly everybody's desk. True, this book is not full of formulae, but this is its plus point. University courses in electronics teach you lots of hard sums, but most circuit design is actually done using rules of thumb and standard circuits. These are the things that this book gives you. Buy it, it is absolutely indispensable.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, because..., 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
The book I received is a knock-off copy (in my opinion). The cover does not match the one advertised. The usuall copyright and publication information pages are also missing. After having read a small section of the book, I found several pages printed in the wrong order. They weren't incorrectly bound, but actually printed in the wrong order. It makes me wonder what else is mis-printed. Still it's based on an original work that I wanted to read - but didn't want to pay the huge price - so it's okay. Just be aware that this may not be an original copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 12 April 2014
Oldsirhippy "The_Elsyd" (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
Read this almost from from cover to cover - except for the microprocessor section which is way out of date. Everyone I met who has a copy said that it was a great book and a classic. I now agree with them, it really is very good.
It would be nice to have it updated with current electronic technologies.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Art of Electronics., 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
I bought the Art of Electronics as a present, which I know the recipient will love. He has wanted this book for some time and I know he will use it for reference for a very long time.
The packaging and delivery of the book was excellent. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very practical and useful for retired professionals and students alike., 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
Deals with most subjects in a practical, non-mathematically detailed way. A good reference book for those who have covered the subjects in their youth but who are now a bit hazy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Art of Electronics, 15 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my nephew after looking at all the other electronics books. This book remains as the bible of electronics. I used this book when I was studing electronics. It covers all of the fundamentals that anyone should know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nonetheless I think it is a great, 6 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
This book has been very helpful in biomedical engineering assignments at uni . I think it has all essential physics topics in it. The topics I have used it for weren't covered in depth but it was helpful in understanding it. Nonetheless I think it is a great book

3.0 out of 5 stars Hold on wait ed 3, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
Yes a great book, but as another reviewer states, don't buy this edition (2) you can down load the a pdf for free.
The microprocessor sections are very much dated. One assumes that the 3rd ed will bang up to date in those areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Art of explaining electronics, 29 July 2014
This review is from: The Art of Electronics (Hardcover)
I learnt a lot about how electronics circuits work and how to explain electronics circuits. I learnt how to discuss electronics circuits from this book. I have a Polish translation of this book. You should read this book.

The Art of Electronics
The Art of Electronics by Winfield Hill (Hardcover - 28 July 1989)