Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 4 February 2010
Prices in DM, chapters on life in the DDR, this book is now increasingly a museum piece, first published in 1986 and unchanged through numerous printings. Also it is clearly aimed at schoolchildren, which perhaps might grate a little with some adult learners. The main reason my adult class is using it is that it's clearly our teacher's favourite textbook.

However, as a language course book it can't be faulted, with one exception, which is that the spelling is pre-Rechtschreibreform.

As a grammar reference book, I would strongly recommend the companion "The German Handbook", by the same author, which is available in a modern edition.
on 25 February 2016
I was lucky enough to have Paul Webster as my German teacher back in the 90s and you can see from this book why he was such a good teacher. Very clear and helpful.
on 10 May 2014
It was just what I wanted, and does what it says on the tin! It will be very useful to me.
on 16 August 2015