5.0 out of 5 stars Useful
I'm studying english on my own, and I find this book, and the exercises one, to be very useful; the explanations are clear, and so far I think I have understood everything related to past, participles and continuous tenses.
Published on 17 Oct. 2012 by Sonia Heredero

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book but disappointing CD, doesnt work !!!
Hi,
The book is fantastic, really good for learning grammer. However, the CD that came with the book doesnt work at all !! I tried to install the software but it says license expired. Thats really disapponting as the CD was one of the main reason I bought this book !!!!!
Not happy !!!!
Published 3 months ago by Damodar

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 17 Oct. 2012
This review is from: English Grammar in Use with Answers and CD-ROM: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Intermediate Learners of English (Misc. Supplies)
The CD-ROM contains the same things as the book, more or less, and a few more exercises. The price difference between this book and the one without CD was so little that I bought this one, but the Cd is not essencial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Grammar, 21 Aug. 2014
This is a great book if like me, you sometimes teach English to students at the intermediate level or you're writing a book and need to get the grammar right or you just love grammar! It's very clearly set out as will be seen with a glance at the contents. As the author says 'The units are organised in grammatical categories and not according to level of difficulty, so the book should not be worked through from beginning to end.'

Read it alongside Gwynne's Grammar which is a nifty and informative little book, bound in mauve, and which you can carry around with you. The author of this book is also a teacher and he tells us in the Preface how the book came about - the father of one of his pupils used to sit in when he was giving lessons and was so impressed that he promised to publish a book if Gwynne wrote one. Gwynne did write one. He believes that ' happiness depends at least partly on good grammar.' I think he's right.
So with these two books, you can't go wrong - not where's grammar's concerned anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good series, 3 Mar. 2013
Mr. Leonard F. Clark "Len CLark" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
We already had an older version of this book and I wanted an up-to-date version for lessons I'm giving a French friend. This covers Intermediate level at an excellent pace, provides suitable examples for an older student and lots of exercises. The Answers is important (because I'm too lazy to work them out for myself and I can give him self-test exercises) and the CD is vital. (If you hunt through the CD you can find *half* of each section in pdf format, which is great for printing sheets for the student to take away.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Three Reason To Buy, 10 Oct. 2014
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
=====
It's a very well presented book and one of the most readable books on English Grammar. Loads of examples and broken down into 144 units. From present continuous to phrasal verbs.

SECOND
======
We don't tend to get taught grammar in school, and I've found that learners of English will often know more of the 'rules'. It's for intermediate learners of English. So, if you're a native English speaker you may know the 'rule' but just not know how to explain it. This will be your aid. For example you would say some bananas (plural) and yet some rice (plural). Not some rices. [this is in the section on countable and uncountable nouns]

THREE
=====
If you need to teach grammar (for CELTA) or simply want to understand the rules of English Grammar this is the ideal starting point.

RECOMMENDED
===========

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for self-study for intermediate grammar learners, 22 July 2014
Ripple (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is an excellent home study grammar book. It provides nice, clear explanations and examples of key grammar points and provides useful practice exercises that test understanding. Aimed at Intermediate level, the coverage is generally interesting enough to keep even older users interested. Answers are supplied for self-correction. The CD includes additional material. A great text book for EFL students in particular.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book good, CD doesn't work, 28 April 2013
Book is quite good itself but I can't get the CD to work. It's installing and then comes up with an error.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 1 Feb. 2014
I bought this book to help me through the CELTA course and I honestly don't think I'd have done as well as I did without it. It's really easy to find what you want and it gives clear explanations with examples. It's got nice pictures and colours so is attractive to look at. I have found this book incredibly useful and will continue to use it in the start of my career as an English teacher.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential Textbook for our European newcomers, 22 May 2014
I bought this book after being asked to help a Polish lass with her colloquial English. It helped me to approach the task logically and gave my 'student' something to work from by way of 'homework'. Its well thought-out. It deal with everyday topics and explains the grammar well. My student gave up because she could not find the time to study while running a home and a small business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grammar book, 18 Oct. 2013
I bought this book because my english teacher recommend me to do it. If you want to study alone, this book is really good, as it has all the answers at the end and a CD to practice. It's a good purchase if you are not going to classes or if you want to reinforce you grammar kwnolegde. This is not a basic book, you have to have an intermediate level at least.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 1 Jun. 2013
This book is very useful for who has need to improve the grammar, I bought before also the "Essential Grammar in Use" which is the book than I can suggest to buy before this one . I' m following a ESOL course ( English Course ) in a college and the teacher has recommended to all my class to buy it .