5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful item indeed. Simply wonderful! Sept 9 2003
Published on 9 Sep 2003 by VENTURINI VIVIANA

1.0 out of 5 stars Windows only!
Mac users, beware! I have found out the hard way that the CD-ROM included with the 17th edition contains only a Windows version of the software. This information is nowhere in sight (at time of writing) on the product page. Hopefully, the publisher will at least disclose the System Requirements for the software they are selling before actually selling it.
Published on 20 July 2009 by Andrew Yourkin

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful item indeed. Simply wonderful! Sept 9 2003, 9 Sep 2003
VENTURINI VIVIANA (NAVE, BRESCIA Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: English Pronouncing Dictionary (16th Edition) (With CD-ROM) (Paperback)
I am simply enthusiastic about this software. I was trying the QUICKfind while surfing the Internet and found out that turning on the automatic sound and pointing the mouse on a word, its sound is spoken up by HUMAN voices. I then tried it on a Word document and it happened the same. Everyone who's willing to improve his English pronunciation MUST try it, for it's really worth. I'll advise all foreign languages university students to buy it. The interactive exercises are also worth, as we hear whole sentences, and I like the idea to look for words both by typing in the text and the phonetic symbols. Highly recommended to up-to-date languages lovers. Last but not least, the book contains many words you cannot find on other dictionaries, such as proper names, surnames and cities. There's even my Brescia!

1.0 out of 5 stars Windows only!, 20 July 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 15 Nov 2001
By A Customer
If you study Phonetic or linguistic, this book will be your bible. All the words you need are in this dictionary, written in english phonetic and in american. You have the verbs and their tenses. At my University Marc Bloch in Strasbourg, all the teachers recommend this book. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... for our French speaking Belgian friend and he was delighted with it, 25 Sep 2014
We bought this for our French speaking Belgian friend and he was delighted with it, he has an old one but wanted a newer edition. The price and delivery were very good, when we ordered it we weren't sure that we would get it in time to take with us when we went on holiday but it arrived early.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 26 July 2008
Chakrit Ratanamook "ken" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic book with audio CD to help with pronunciation. The CD comes with both British and American pronunciation.

English Pronouncing Dictionary (16th Edition) (With CD-ROM)
English Pronouncing Dictionary (16th Edition) (With CD-ROM) by Daniel Jones (Paperback - 22 May 2003)
Used & New from: £3.71