5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant book
This is a great book to use for study material. It is packed with very useful information about all South African mammals. A good book to own.
Published 13 months ago by tate

2.0 out of 5 stars Super book, but cannot see any updates
I bought this book thinking it was updated, but it is not! If someone can tell me where the updates are, I would be really happy. The cover is different and there is a copyright 2012 inside, but I cannot find any other changes, apart from the fact it is a paperback. Super book, but a big disappointment if you are expecting an update. If this is your first copy - buy it.
Published on 24 May 2012 by LAC

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant book, 28 July 2013
This review is from: The Behavior Guide to African Mammals: 20th Anniversary Edition: Including Hoofed Mammals, Carnivores, Primates (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Super book, but cannot see any updates, 24 May 2012
LAC "LAC" (Johannesburg, South Africa) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Unrivalled excellence, 1 Nov 2013
I purchased this book to accompany me on a safari through Kenya and to use as a reference book at home and it has not disappointed me at all . The breadth and depth of the information contained within it is unrivalled and this book would be of value to a student or to a casual traveller to Africa .
The text and drawings are concise and precise and the reader is rewarded with an array of detail that is delightful . My guides on the safari , who already possessed a bewildering knowledge of the flora and fauna we encountered , found the book to be superb . So much so that I gave my original copy to one of them and had to re-order another for the other guide that I have now dispatched to Kenya . You cannot get higher praise than that !!
I have no hesitation in recommending this book - you will not find a better one !!