5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!
a beautiful book, well written, teasing new view not only on American but also on world history. Happy to have received it promptly.
Published 23 months ago by jolande kisters

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book for keen knappers
The book seems back to front, I had expected it to be for the general public with the overview and general story with a large appendix.
It is much more like one big appendix and I felt I needed to be a dedicated flint knapper to keep my interest.
Well, the book is in great condition so it will be donated to the local library and maybe find a keen knapper...
Published 3 months ago by Colin G. Bradley

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful!, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Across Atlantic Ice: The Origin of America's Clovis Culture (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely interesting and well researched., 12 May 2014
We had all heard the Beringa theory but this book really makes you question. I'm just an enthusiastic amateur but I loved the arguments, insights and obvious knowledge. Excellent

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book for keen knappers, 5 Jan. 2015
Colin G. Bradley (Fuengirola, Spain) - See all my reviews

It is strange to me that if the authors feel that North America had at some time been colonized by people from Western Europe, there would be more about the genetics to support the idea.

3.0 out of 5 stars Requires pre-knowledge, 4 Sept. 2013
Mr. C. L. Newcombe (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
To enjoy this book you must already know something about the Clovis culture, I had never heard of them and had to do some research before I could get into this book. But that said once I was into it I found it a very interesting read and Stanford and Bradley made a good case for pre Neolithic Europeans making their way across the Atlantic ice during the last ice age. The drawings, descriptions and deductions of the flint tools are excellent and proved to be a mine of information.

Across Atlantic Ice: The Origin of America's Clovis Culture
Across Atlantic Ice: The Origin of America's Clovis Culture by Bruce Bradely (Hardcover - 17 Feb. 2012)
Used & New from: £28.51