5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, JAK is back on form!!
Published on 6 Feb. 2010 by KT Dowling.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Complicated, This Romantic Suspense Story!
Jayne Ann Krentz's world of Arcane, with humans possessing mind 'talents', has some great fantasy romance flavour to the stories set under this premise.
Published on 6 Feb. 2011 by Crux Roesia

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, JAK is back on form!!, 6 Feb. 2010
I loved this novel and knowing it's the first in a trilogy is even better. I have to admit that I've occassionally got a bit bored by Ms Krentz more recent works. I've been reading her novels for over 20 years and always been a fan but I did feel that she was losing a bit of the 'sparkle' that seperated her writing from other genre authors. With 'Fired Up' she's right back on form and I can't wait to read the other two books in the trilogy. Its another in the Arcane series but we're introduced to people who are happy to be outside of the society. That we meet a whole group of people who don't think the Jones Family is the be all and end all of the psychic community adds to the fun.
JAK has definitely hit on a winner with this group of books, the way she pulls in the different strands of stories from her historical, contemporary and futuristic genres is fantastic and seeing the characters develop adds much more depth to the books themselves. Highly recommended!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Little Complicated, This Romantic Suspense Story!, 6 Feb. 2011
However, with a couple of the contemporary tales, she does have a tendency to complicate matters for the reader, in my opinion, with reams of detail about the whole Arcane business, who's related to whom and how many times removed (which explains why the most recent person has such and such a talent) and the dark side of it all, the organisation of Nightshade. I find this deflects a bit from the romance and the story of the book you're reading; in this case, Chloe and Jack.
Having said that, this is still a good read, with plenty of fireworks between hero and heroine, the dreamreader and the strat talent, who are both good, likeable characters, and a nice twist to why Jack suffered blackouts etc. There's also enough suspense in the story, with the shadowy figures of hypnotist talents and hunters dogging the two's steps, to make this pacy and keep you turning pages.
Worth a go, but bear in mind that at times, you might your attention wandering or losing track altogether by the above complications.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 28 Feb. 2010
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Compared to her usual writing style, this is pretty different to the author's usual style. The characters don't feel as well developed as usual and the romantic element feels flatter. That said however the descriptiveness is excellent, the story arc is satisfying and above all else, it's the dialogue that really seems to keep you glued. A novel that will please her fans and one that demonstrates that its never a bad thing to try something a little different.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but author usually does better, 12 Oct. 2013
I very much enjoy this writer's historical paranormal romances and the way the characters from one series interlace with those in others. However, I am less engaged by the more contemporaneous novels, even though they follow the decendants of the original characters into the present and beyond. "Fired Up" should have been a good read, but I felt that the dog and the homeless former soldier were better-drawn characters than the main protagonists, about whom I sadly failed to care a jot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Burning Lamp trilogy, 28 Mar. 2013
Mrs. P. Webb "bookworm" (Hertfordshire u.k.) - See all my reviews
definitely the best book in the series, which led me to buy the other two.

On reflection I would have borrowed the books from the library first before buying. Not a trilogy I have plans to keep. I can't understand why she would use so many alter egos to write her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arcane Society, 25 Jun. 2013
Ange (york England) - See all my reviews
All books in this series are brilliant. Very well written, interesting to read.
Would recommend to everyone. Awaiting more books.

5.0 out of 5 stars fired up by jayne ann krentz, 4 Jan. 2013
I always choose this author when I find a book not read previously. She never disappoints in context or plot

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 May 2010
A. Kinsella - See all my reviews
This was my first JAK book and I am well impressed so much so I went and got the first 5 Arcane novels in the series and have yet to be disappointed. I am thrilled to have found a new author that from everything I have read to date will not let me down. As a big Nora Roberts fan I would recommend Jayne Ann Krentz to all who like her books. She gets the right balance between romance and mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars riviting, 13 Feb. 2010
have always looked forward to a new book by jayne krentzunder all her pen names but this series is the best yet with lots of action and romance

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Fired Up (Dreamlight Trilogy) (Mass Market Paperback)
Very Happy

Fired Up (Dreamlight Trilogy)
Fired Up (Dreamlight Trilogy) by Jayne Ann Krentz (Mass Market Paperback - 25 Sept. 2012)