5.0 out of 5 stars pleasant reading
I purchased this item for my wife who is an avid reader of this writer and she enjoyed the two books I last purchased
Published on 14 Nov 2011 by Mr. J. Barker

3.0 out of 5 stars Think before you buy !!
Published on 22 Oct 2011 by C. smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Think before you buy !!, 22 Oct 2011
C. smith (west vale,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Unquiet (Mass Market Paperback)
If you are wanting to buy this book because it has a J D Robb story of Eve Dallas, DON'T. The story is mostly two dimensional , a shock for an ardent fan of the stories of Eve and O'Rourke.Its slow,pithy and very quickly obvious in who dun it.I realise that it is a short story, but it had no substance to it. This is the first time I have been disappointed by this author, especially in how much I had anctipated its arrival!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a great antho - mismatched and rather far-out tales. 2.5* average, 27 Sep 2011
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Unquiet (Mass Market Paperback)
JD Robb's CHAOS IN DEATH in this is the sole reason that I got this antho, as the price was reasonable for a paperback. Normally, the JDR tale alone is worth the price of the antho, but this one wasn't really that good. It is meant to be either a Halloween or an Xmas novella that she puts out this time each year, but this was neither.

This tale comes directly after New York To Dallas, as Eve is still recovering from her injuries. I won't spoil the story, but I will say that it was not what I normally associate with the very 'black and white' Eve Dallas, and as I got to the last page, I found myself thinking 'REALLY? AND EVERYONE BOUGHT THAT?'. It wasn't awful, but it seemed as if the Jim Carrey character The Mask had been playing away...2.5*

The Mary Blayney was one a historical, with an obsession with the colour purple, purple fabric, featuring a Russian family, a wishing coin...I kept reading it, thinking that at any minute something interesting was going to happen...but it didn't. Utterly boring. 0*

The Patricia Gaffney one was contemp and not too bad. A lonely guy intervenes when an alleged scam telephone psychic seems to be fleecing his vulnerable grandad. Kind of along the lines of 'tart with a heart' type tale, with 2 seemingly HEAs.

Ruth Ryan Langan's was another contemp, featuring a widow who travelled to Scotland to claim her inheritance from her late (cheating) husband, only to find the imprisoned ghost of an angry young man there. She falls in love and things are not as they seem, but she gets her HEA. Romantic, sweet and fairly steamy. 3.5*

Mary Kay McComas's tale is also a ghost tale where a young ghost plays cupid to try to ease his brother's guilt and pain, by introducing him into the dreams of a children's books author. 3*

Overall an ok enough read, but definitely not a Keeper.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Unquiet by J D Robb, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Unquiet (Mass Market Paperback)
I was immensley disappointed with this book - even Nora Roberts The Unquiet was pretty pedantic and the other four lady authors were pathetic and not even well written and thoroughly boring. I could not believe it was a Penguin offer, it was more like those sloppy books from Silhouette that she sometimes writes for, but you know what to expect, and actually those she shares with other writers are of a far higher standard than the rubbish in this book. It will be going to the car boot sale this Sunday.

5.0 out of 5 stars pleasant reading, 14 Nov 2011
Mr. J. Barker - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Unquiet (Mass Market Paperback)
It was the first time I had read any of the authors apart from J.D. Robb, so it was an interesting experience. I had a mixed reaction to the very different styles.

4.0 out of 5 stars J D Robb is the best!, 17 Dec 2011
J. Lumsden (Pembroke) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Unquiet (Mass Market Paperback)
The J D Robb side of Nora Roberts' writing is my favourite and her story here is right up with her best. The other stories by other
(unknown to me) authors did not appeal and I cannot recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Aug 2014
Bought as a gift

2.0 out of 5 stars JD Robb the Unquiet, 7 April 2012
This review is from: The Unquiet (Mass Market Paperback)
Was happy with the book but disappointed that it took over 4 wks to receive it. I am a big fan of J D Robb books so was pleased to get this book at a very fair & good price

The Unquiet
The Unquiet by J D Robb (Mass Market Paperback - 27 Sep 2011)