Published on 2 Dec. 2010 by Roroblu's Mum

2.0 out of 5 stars the other side
book of five stories, first one by JD Robb as usual in the eve and roake series very enjoyable, the remaining 4 stories, very weak, not worth it for 1 out of 5
Published on 21 Dec. 2010 by love hols

5.0 out of 5 stars Possession In Death by JD Robb makes this a 5* read. Just what Indulgence ID was missing!, 2 Dec. 2010
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)
How I wish that JD Robb's last hardback, Indulgence In Death, had been written like this one. Posession In Death starts literally a day or so after IID ends, with Eve having spent the morning of her planned Saturday barbie with Sly Moriarty, the baddie from IID. No, he's not dead and yes, she's jubilant that she got both baddies and that she got justice for their dead.

Eve goes home to the barbie, and this is where the book, IMO, earns a 5*: we see the WHOLE gang there socialising and having a really good time together. We see that Dr Morris is starting to move on after the death of his lover Amarylis Coltraine, we see Father Lopez from a previous book, we see Peabody & McNab, Feeney, Baxter, Dr Mira & hubby, Louise and Charles, Nadine, Trueheart and the rest all pigging out and chilling and then in the middle of it all, Eve and Chale Lopez come across...a ghost. I won't say more about what happens and so spoil the actual tale, but it involves Hungary Romanies, Russian dancers, mental and physical signs of possession, I-see-dead-people, intrigue, mystery, a red herring, and so this was Eve Dallas and JD Robb back at their 5* best.

The official blurb of the book is as below:

"The devil killed my body. I cannot fight, I cannot find. I cannot free her. You must. You are the one. We speak to the dead". Immediately after hearing these words, uttered to her by an old Romanian woman bleeding to death in the street, detective Eve Dallas begins to notice that her latest case has come with a number of interesting side-effects: visions of the deceased, instant familiarity with rooms she's never seen before, and fluency in Russian. Likewise, there appears to be a force inside of her, a spirit other than her own, that won't let her rest until she's found Beata, the old woman's great-granddaughter, whose disappearance two months prior remains a mystery. Desperate to be free of her new "gifts", Eve pursues the facts until she discovers a link between Beata's disappearance and the disappearance of eight other young women, all of whom attended the same dance classes, none of whom were ever heard from again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a JD Robb anthology where I like the other books!, 3 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)
I only buy the anthologies that contain JD Robb stories to complete my series of JD Robb books. However, I have always been disappointed by the other stories contained within the anthologies as they are usually weak and only serve to highlight the fantastic writing of Nora as JD Robb (in my completely biased opinion!). I read the other stories in the anthology and, this time, was not disappointed. The stories may not be what I would usually choose to read, but the writing and storylines actually stand up to Nora's for a change, so they were still enjoyable to read, whilst I await eagerly the next JD Robb installment...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Other Side - J.D. Robb, 30 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)
I love J.D. Robb books - I have every one of them! These compilations with other authors are just magic, as they give you an insight into the styles of the authors. Their books are on my 'to read' list - as soon as I have finished reading all of my J.D. Robb books!!

2.0 out of 5 stars the other side, 21 Dec. 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy it, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)
I was soooo disappointed to read this book, I bought it as the first writer was JD Robb but I am so sorry I wasted £5.02 on this rubbish. I kept waiting for the stories to interest me but I was sorely disappointed. the stories were mediocre at best and I am now questioning buying a book without a good look through it first.

5.0 out of 5 stars JD Robb., 14 Mar. 2011
Cher "book worm" (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)
This was a great book of short stories, the JD Robb story is a continuation of her latest book but also completely different to her normal stories. The other stories in the book were also a great read, I really enjoyed them all and am not really a lover of short stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)
I became more used to the various different styles of writing and found some better than others! Overall, the theme was held together, but maybe trying a little too hard in some instances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Books I love them, 14 May 2013
This review is from: The Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)
Books I love them,I read when ever I can. It arrive very quickly,and in good order. I would recommend to anyone who loves a good mystery.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)
I really enjoyed the JD Robb books and will continue to read this series -some books are better than others -delivery and packaging oK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy the read, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)
J D Robbs is always a good read for me, and having other writers in the same book is a bonus

The Other Side
The Other Side by Patricia Gaffney (Mass Market Paperback - 30 Nov. 2010)