on 17 August 2006
This is the fourth book in the Drake Sister series. This book concerns Libby Drake who is a docter. Her major gift is an ability to heal people, but at some cost to herself by taking on the pain of the illness or injury herself. She begins a romance with a brilliant bio-chemist named Tyson Derrick, but unfortunately for them someone is out to kill them and they are not sure who it is or why. I found the book enjoyable and await the next one in the series.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 February 2009
Libby Drake is the fourth magical Drake sister to find true love in "Dangerous Tides". A highly qualified doctor; Libby also has the ability to heal with her gift, magic that causes her to transfer her own energy into someone and in extreme cases she endangers her own life and those of her sisters by taking on the injuries of someone very badly hurt. This is exactly what she does when her nemesis Tyson Derrick is hurt during the helicopter rescue of a teenager. Tyson's safety harness snaps and he sustains major injuries; including non survivable brain damage. What makes this event even more tragic is that Tyson is a brilliant biochemist, a genius geek who has already won a Nobel Prize for Medicine. Unable to stop herself, Libby heals Tyson but leaves herself gravely ill in the process.

Awakening in hospital Tyson is convinced Libby was in his hospital room; the woman he has secretly been besotted with since meeting her in school. Yet he is positive that her family is a bunch of charlatans and remains determined to remove Libby from the presence of her sisters; siblings he believes have manipulated Libby into believing she has the magical ability to heal and then psychosomatically take on the patient's symptoms.

With no social skills and a determination to prove the Drake sisters are con artists, a long term relationship between Tyson and Libby appears initially unlikely, even though they are seriously attracted to each other. Yet despite their major differences the leading lovers mesh really well together and CF realistically creates a couple that completes each other. Their verbal sparring and growing relationship certainly brings out different aspects of their personalities, as Tyson releases his inner caveman to protect Libby against her inability to say no to anyone, whilst Libby herself becomes far feistier throughout the course of the story.

Typical of this author, there is far more going on plot wise than just a couple falling in love as both Tyson and Libby appear to be targeted for murder. "Dangerous Tides" certainly contains the most complex plot line so far in this series and has a major twist which I didn't see coming at all. I am still thoroughly enjoying this series and can't wait to get my hands on book 5 "Safe Harbor" and book 6 "Turbulent Sea".
on 3 December 2006
I read Christine Feehan's Dark books and her Drake sisters and I was not disappointed in this one. The story between Libby and Ty is fantastic and the chemistry nearly tangible. I can't wait for the next stories to come out. With the hints in the books that pretty much tell us who the sisters are getting matched up with it kills me to have to wait for the books!! Brilliant books from a brilliant author!!
on 30 April 2010
i love the whole series of these books the drake sisters, they are totally engrossing, i read each book within 2days as i could not put them down then i purchased the whole set of books to keep so i could read them again & again, they are spellbinding, passionate, thrilling & just levelly story's of magic, true love, family & danger

this is libby drakes story shes the 4th of 7 sisters she is the most sensible of them & is a healer, from afar she has always loved ty a loner & when he has an near fatal accident she heals him, leaving herself with his injury's, they fall in love its very endearing & spicy, but they have to face some tough times before they get their happy ever after
on 14 November 2010
Libby was a great heroine, but I never really forgave Ty for his initial prejudice. He was incredibly critical of Libby and her family in the beginning, and I just plain didn't like him. I was never able to "fall" for Ty like I have for the past heroes in the series.
Like the other books in the Drake Sisters series, Dangerous Tides was full of action: rescue attempts, shootings, car chases, etc. The story was intriguing, full of mystery and suspense. Unfortunately for me, it lacked a little bit of the magic from the other books in the series. Over all, Dangerous Tides was entertaining, but didn't live up to the rest of the series. I wish I could have given it 3.5.
on 16 August 2015
This is 4th book in the Drake sister series. Libby is the famous doctor in the family. Libby has alway had feeling for Tyson some not living a lot of confusion, stressed, anger but Libby has alway understood Tyson and how his almost special mind works.
At first I struggled to like Ty because he came across as very insensitive and self-centred but with Libby's help I think he became the man he always wanted to be.
A lot of action happens in this book and a lot of people attacking Libby and Ty.
Didn't enjoy as the others on series but I did liked that all sisters are together and Joley, Elle and Jackson take a bigger role in this book.
on 21 November 2006
I love all of Feehan's work!! i'm addicted to the Dark series, the Game series and now i'm hooked onto the Drake sisters series!

I decided to read the Drake sisters tales becasue of reviews i read online and i was NOT dissapointed. i loved Libby's story and i can't wait till Hannah's and Jonas's stroy comes out in 2007!

In this story, Libby faces the man who she's scretly always liked, Ty. He also has liked Libby and..well...it goes on from there! it was great to meet all the Drake sisters again, and catch up with Kate, Abby, Sarah etc etc!

cant wait till the next book! keep em coming Ms Feehan!
on 12 November 2015
I loved this series I didn't want it to end! Can't wait for her next books! One of my very favorite authors. Got addicted to The Carpathians then when I'd read all of them I started reading her other series because it was in my blood! I have test to be disappointed. She's exceptional. I highly recommend this and all her books!
on 3 January 2014
Highly recommend series of books, full of action, romance wizardry. Also recommend the Ghostwalker series by the same author. Hate it when I have to wait for the next book in the series (hope there is going to be more)
on 2 February 2013
Another of Christine Feehan's excellent books. Would recommend to any lover for intrigue, romance and passion.
Make sure you have no chores to do as once you start reading it, you can't put it down.