4.0 out of 5 stars Red Lilly - not the best conclusion to the ghost!!
Red Lilly is the third and final instalment of the " in the garden" trilogy. And i have to say it is the weakest of the lot.
Published on 30 Oct. 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Supernatural Twists, not so keen on the gardening...
Published on 12 Feb. 2006 by Scriber_scouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Supernatural Twists, not so keen on the gardening..., 12 Feb. 2006
Red Lily makes up the final third of Nora Robert's latest paranormal romance. This series got off to a fairly lacklustre start with Blue Dahlia and started to show some spice in the middle instalment Black Rose. Here the established main cast is well drawn, giving the reader the welcome chance to pop in and check how the previous characters are getting on- I'm particularly fond of David even if he is too stereotypically gay at points. The dialogue is as bitingly funny as ever, but this trilogy lacked the sparkle of the Three Sister's Island, or Ardmore series for me. Be prepared to have to read lots of gardening information unless you skim it as I did. SKIM! Lots of unsubtle metaphors about grafting plants together to make a unique whole abound, believe me you will thank me for this advice later, unless you are Alan Titchmarsh...
Hayley and baby Lily are doing fine at Harper house, although they are still no closer to discovering the past of the mad Harper bride ghost who walks the house and has crooned lullabies to generations of Harper babies within its walls. Hayley finally realises how drawn she is to Harper, but in true romance style spends a lot of time procrastinating because he's the boss. Hayley who I liked the best after Roz of the female cast is slightly whiny and not as fun in this installment, which was a great shame.
Luckily, the best parts of the story are the truly creepy portions where the ghost manifests, especially when she possesses Hayley for short periods of time. One of the drawbacks of Robert's trilogies is that by the time you reach its conclusion you have a very good idea who the final character will end up with; this remains true here. Hayley and Harper's romance is sweet but never reaches full blooded passion, ironically despite having two books to build the tension, their romance also feels the most forced.
However, the shenanigans of the Harper ghost more than make up for that as she possesses Hayley and we get a creepy, tense look into an unravelling mind. I won't give too much away but the final third of the book and the ghost related creepiness strongly reminded me stylistically of the Harrison Ford film, What Lies Beneath. Leave the light on when you read. Trust me. You will thank me later.
I give this three stars for lukewarm romance, it's just a shame that Nora felt that what the world really needed was a gardening themed supernatural mystery. Something to keep her supernatural fans happy until her new series is released this September.

4.0 out of 5 stars Red Lilly - not the best conclusion to the ghost!!, 30 Oct. 2005
By A Customer
Hayley as we all know, came to Roz's home pregnant and alone, she came looking for her very distant family her only family now that her father has died. What she found was a place to make home for herself and her daughter Lily. She has also found love with Roz's son Harper, only neither of them know it yet.
As with the previous two stories, we have a ghost who we now know is called Ameila and who might have had a child here,and who might have lived here, nobody's really sure of that yet.
All the other charactors are here, Stella her two boys and Logan her new husband. Roz and ner new husband Mitch, who also happens to be investigating the ghost and of course there's David,surrogate son to Roz and cook extraudinare(!).
I love all these charactors and have really enjoyed their stories.
But Red Lilly was lacking that certain something.I didn't really like the way in which Hayley had developed,she has become miss goody two shoes, and she's always feeling sorry for herself. " she really shouldn't have feelings for Harper,as he's her boss's son". Blah Blah.
I also didn't enjoy the way in which the ghost had become so menacing, she's inhabating Hayley's body,a little bit of possession going on there, and i hated the fact that Harper and Hayley keep going around in circles before one of them admits to the other that they are in love.
The previous two books had some light comedy as well as being a seriously well written book. This book feels lost.
And last but not least, JD Robb has invaded this story, there was quite a bit of dialogue from which i would expect Dallas to sprout off.
All in all, this was not the best that i have read and it's a shame to finish such a good series on such a poor note.
I enjoyed reading this book and the conclusion to the harper family ghost and i will probably keep this book and read it again and again, because if like me you are a fan of Ms. Roberts, even her lesser works always seem to be enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY END TO A SERIES, 11 Jun. 2012
I loved this series by Nora Roberts and this book Red Lily was a lovley way to end things, Roz is married, Stella and Logan are married and settled and talking of having more babies, So it's Haileys turn to find her HEA, and as expected its with Harper (Roz's son) Harper already has a thing for Hailey and dotes on Lily her daughter so already they seem like a ready made family, but the Harper ghost is not happy! Amelia (the ghost) kicks up her game and starts possesing Hailey and getting in her head and making her think jealous, hateful thoughts, I am a big Nora Roberts fan and this series was better the 2nd time around, I would of liked to see David get his HEA or at least hear at the end he found someone, but alas that wasn't to be, other than that I have no complaints, Harper and Haileys relationship was sweet and getting the full story on Amelia wrapped up the series for me, even if she was a crazy jealous Loon!

5.0 out of 5 stars problem solved, 13 Nov. 2013
Oscar (Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
My Mother and her two sisters have been in a long argument over this book for several months "who lent it to who, and who's got it now" it almost got nasty, and none of them able to find a replacement. Thanks all round to Phil (me) and Amazon, at the right price, they now have 1one each. Brownie points all round!!!

P.S My aunt found the original copy at the back of a cupboard three days after I placed the order. SUPRISED. Not me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Lily, 30 July 2009
Mrs. L. M. Darlow (Cambridgeshire, England) - See all my reviews
Another bestseller from Nora Roberts. So many emotions and what an ending!! The characters are all so human and totally believable. You start to actually believe in the paranormal and some of the gardening tips (as part of the story) are really useful. If you want an absorbing and enthralling book this is it. If you want to be transfixed then read the whole trilogy. Now I have discovered Nora Roberts I may have to buy ALL her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 11 Nov. 2014
I love this author and I have very nearly read all the books not just in this series but all series written.

She is an excellent author, I love the story lines, and I love that everything is in 3's I love a series of books and with a triology you have that without having to many books to read to finish off a series.

Perfect thing to take away with you and read by the pool!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tird in the garden Trilogy, 25 Oct. 2005
'Red Lily' is the Third book in the Garden Trilogy and is just marginally better than the previouse two (the other two being excellent). The Sub-plot of The Harper Bride comes to a great conclusion along with the romance expected between Hayley and Harper. This story just kept on going and the character of Hayley just kept you smiling. Her daughter Lily is absolutely adorable and Harper himself is a tanned hunk! Together with Blue Dahlia and Black Rose (the characters in which still play an important role) this is probably one of Nora's best trilogies, along with the Three Sisters and the Key trilogy! I can't wait for more of Nora's work!

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A TRILOGY, 6 Feb. 2014
I was told to read a book by this Author and had by chance been given the first part of the trilogy, which was exciting, and made me want to read all three books. Just finishing this part and it has been as good as the other two. Can recommend to everyone, and can't wait to read some of her other books. Am sure they will be as good a read

4.0 out of 5 stars I was looking forward to this book, 20 Feb. 2006
K. Ross "kliross" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was looking forward to this book.
I think it was because you were teased with the two main characters in the two books before. However, relationship development between Harper and Hailey was a bit hurried and forced and could have been better.
But Nora Roberts is such a good writer that you are not left too disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars long awaited, 8 Jan. 2006
at last i got this book but after reading the other two in this trilogy this was a gripping end finally tracking the ghost of the books well done Nora Roberts. this book keep me up at night not wanting to miss any thing of the story.

Red Lily (In the Garden Trilogy)
Red Lily (In the Garden Trilogy) by Nora Roberts (Mass Market Paperback - 30 Nov. 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01