5.0 out of 5 stars Nice horror short stories
Published on 18 Nov. 2004 by Mads Sejersen Vinther

3.0 out of 5 stars hmm and yay!
Published on 26 Aug. 2004 by Ms. P. A. Waumsley

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice horror short stories, 18 Nov. 2004
This review is from: Cravings (Mass Market Paperback)
I must admit I was a bit sceptic, when first i bought this book as there was several of the authors in the book I simply did not know. The only on I knew was Laurell K. Hamilton and of her books I only like the Merry Gentry series. But I was more than compensated for my risk in buying the book. If you like modern horror, where the demons, black witches etc. are not always completely evil (more human) and you like the story in a modern-like or contemporary world then these stories are great. I must admit that these authors also know how to throw in a little good sex or erotica, without it becomes tacky. If you are new to this genre then these short stories are also a good place to start.

4.0 out of 5 stars Deja view all over again, 19 Feb. 2005
P. J. A. Jennings "pja_jennings" (Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cravings (Mass Market Paperback)
Laurell K Hamilton's name is used "above the title" as the hook to sell this book and it is with this I have a problem. I will admit that this book was published before her Anita Blake novel, Incubus Dreams, but I read the novel first. So I was very disappointed to quickly realise that her story in the book is just an abridged version of the first part of Incubus Dreams. Consequently I could not be bothered to finish it.
On the other hand, Mary Alice Davidson has taken the trouble to write a short story in the Betsy Taylor genre. Betsy is not one of the main characters in this story, only appearing near the end, but it's a light hearted vampire tale of a incident which takes place sometime in the 3 month period between the first two Betsy books.
The two stories by Charlaine Harris and Rebecca York are much darker tales of good versus evil, revenge and even detective mystery. Both well worth reading.
Pity about the Anita Blake, but buy it for the other three stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cravings - Calls out to be read, 30 Aug. 2004
J. Glen "Jeanette Glen" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Cravings (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is an anthology that uses Laurell K Hamilton's name to pull the reader in. This reader was not disappointed by what she found, all four stories are well crafted and very entertaining. They cover a range of supernatural happenings and creatures, vampires, werewolves and the different psychic abilities of various humans.
They are each very different from the other and all equally well written and introduced me to writers that I had not come across before. If you have not read anything in this genre before I can reccommend this as a good place to start. It is most definitely light reading but it does cover a range of topics that might well surprise you and will definitely pass a few hours very pleasantly indeed.

3.0 out of 5 stars hmm and yay!, 26 Aug. 2004
Ms. P. A. Waumsley "black_dharlia" (gy, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cravings (Mass Market Paperback)
As a big fan of Laurell k I bought this book mainly because she was a co-authour in it. Well I was dissapointed by Laurell K's part in this book, but I was also dissapointed by her last merry gentry book, there was no plot and it was all sex. As my tytle says though I found a fantastic authour while reading this a completely original source 'mary-janice davidson' wow, her story was funny, original and a real eye-opener. I right away bought all her books I could find and have been reading and re-reading since then. If I learnt anything from this, if your dissapointed by one story, doesn't mean they are all crap. ( if your buying this book for laurell k just go onto her website the whole story is on there).

5.0 out of 5 stars A prologue to the modern vampire genre, 24 July 2004
This review is from: Cravings (Mass Market Paperback)
A sensual exploration into the world of vampire's as seen by these authors and a great read at the same time. The only frustrating thing as that you have to leave the characters once you've become familiar with them.
If you like the modern day take on vampire's ie Buffy, Sookie Stackhouse, Anita Blake etc etc then I would imgaine you'd like this, and yeah it's kinky in places, but that's half the fun!
It's a slice of the cake, giving you a taster of what these authors can do, and if you like the taste then there are plenty of books out there (Laurell K Hamilton's series, Charlaine Harris' series etc) further exploring these characters to satisfy your hunger. Enjoy!

2.0 out of 5 stars neither fish nor flesh, 28 Nov. 2008
J. Turner (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Cravings (Mass Market Paperback)
I got this book because I have desperately tried to like Laurell k hamilton's work. Unfortunately the story here is from another book, and frankly it's disappointing. She makes sex really boring... her characters are unlikeable and the prose is a deeper shade of purple. The plot? There isn't one! MJ Davidson's vampire tale is much better, not your typical vamp tale, it manages to be funny and sweet and although not my typical vamp read, it was enjoyable. The next story was also a big yawn by a writer who seemed to have an irish fetish, but at least it didn't feature green beer! The last tale was about a heartbroken werewolf and the blind lady psychic who heals him... it wasn't half bad actually, but there was a bit of a faux pas when the villain turned out not to be the slimy cop but someone else who who had one sentence worth of introducvtion - bad writing! The thrilling conclusion - no more LKH for me, it's a bust!

3.0 out of 5 stars not good not bad just OK, 6 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Cravings (Mass Market Paperback)
I enjoyed DEAD GIRLS DON'T DANCE by Mary Janice Davidson the best and BURNING MOON by Rebecca York after that. I was a little lost with the Laurell K. Hamilton since I haven't read the entire Anita Blake series and I wasn't aware of some of the events this story alluded to

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 12 May 2009
This review is from: Cravings (Mass Market Paperback)
Another classic from Laurell K Hamilton.Also got this for a friend of mine but also has me hooked now \m/

Cravings
Cravings by Eileen Wilks (Mass Market Paperback - Jun. 2004)