Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 3 March 2011
There was humour, romance, mystery and a little bit of action in this novel which had me hooked from the very start. Rafe and Hannah have not seen each other in many years but they are brought together via the inheritance that they share from Hannah's aunt who seems to view them as a modern day Romeo and Juliet(without the death!). The plot line is not anything new, but Krentz's delivery made it very entertaining. The humour in it was great and it added a fun levity to the novel without trying too hard. The love story was very sweet and the mystery had the effect of adding more interesting plot to the novel. All in all a good read.
on 30 July 2004
I have to admit that I am totally puzzled by the high ratings this book has received. Unfortunately the main story line and romance was totally lack of attraction and humour. After years of living their separate lives, Rafe and Hannah return to Eclipse Bay: it is a well-known start. Jayne Ann Krentz is still using the old fame of hers, perhaps she takes it for granted. I'd rather read Susan Elizabeth Philips or Sandra Brown. Their styles are warm, spirited and often fun. I decided to give up reading this author.
on 30 January 2001
This is one of the better story by Ms Krentz. I love the hero and heroin and I find the whole story about the family feud and the romance between the two very entertaining. Hannah and Rafe certainly are a very interesting couple!
on 11 September 2000
..Eye of the Beholder and Flash would send a chronic insomniac into a coma, and With This Ring was no use for anyting but lining Polly's cage. But don't despair, devoted JAK fans, because this book shows a re-emergence of the brillaince that made her a star. It's not in the league of, say, Grand Passion, or Wildest Hearts, but at least she didn't fall back on the same tired story-line about either new-age murderers or Seattle business-people AGAIN. And the hero didn't fall into the catagory of 1) Zen martial arts guy 2) Cynical divorced businessman or 3) comic cynical divorced businessman. He could cook, which is usually a Zen-guy thing, had an actual sense of humour about himself which is usually a number 3 and yet knew how to dress and had a family, like a number 2. Wow! And his family was an actual family, not a tortured mixed-up mess. Plus, the heroine's name wasn't Iphiginaphemiaoine, which was were she was heading (Really, how many people are called that sort of thing in this day and age? The school bullying alone would scar you for life).
So anyway, this is a book which is worth the paper, and hopefully the next two in the Trilogy will live up the potential.
on 10 March 2014
I read most of the books by this author and this series is particularly good with suspense and romance as well.
on 24 October 2015
A simple love story with a twist of suspense. A book to read and pass on.
on 13 August 2014
I enjoy this book I enjoy all the author's books
on 12 August 2015
Loved the whole series of Eclipse Bay
on 27 June 2000
This was a great book. Once I started I did not want to stop until I was done. Can not wait to read the next two to follow.
on 10 November 2000
JAK writes a pretty good romance but I would dearly love for her to stop promoting vegetarian food. I lived with a veggie for ten years, and was never so glad to get back to red meat in my life. The food sucks, and I would like to read one of her romances without teenage girls eating tofu burgers. Get real, they're terrible.