Ice

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: Ice (Alaska Heat) (Kindle Edition)
I read these 2 books the wrong way round which if I'm honest wasn't an issue as they can be read as stand alone books.
The thing that struck me was the differences in Luke's character. In Book 2 Chill he is very much described and written as being a reclusive "friendless" character who has kept relationships, even with his business partner Cort to a bare minimum. But, in Book 1 Ice, he is almost the opposite being a loyal and intuitive friend to Cort which gives me pause to think that he does have a deeper relationship than we're been led to believe.

The characters are well rounded and very real in their faults and emotional needs. Kaylie is feisty and determined whilst still being a very vulnerable and emotionally wanting female lead. She isn't afraid to take the bull by the horns but is also happy to allow Cort to be the protector and her demanding lover. Cort-yum yum-he's strong and typically male but you consistently get glimpses of his very damaged inner self which he allows Kaylie to nurture and heal. The plot is fast paced, full of OMG's and keeps you hooked.
Despite some initial reservations (not due to anything other than me reading them out of order) I loved this book, it could have been built into being a much bigger read whilst still maintaining it's honest and often heartbreaking feel. It kept me hanging and completely absorbed from page 1 til the end. I wont go into a long drawn out synopsis, I'll leave it upto you to find out but you really must read book 2Chill: Alaska Series, Book 2 (Alaska Heat) and I cant wait for book 3!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book eagerly awaiting the next few, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Ice (Alaska Heat) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this.couldn't put it down so much content and excitement love passion heartbreaking at times.
Its what i come to expect from Stephanie Rowe.she never dissapoints x next book please

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ice (Alaska Heat) (Kindle Edition)
After reading some other books about flying in Alaska, I decided to give this one a try, but it didn't live up to expectations. Took me a long time to like the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cuppa tea,loved it, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Ice (Alaska Heat) (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book, right amount of suspense and romance,alpha hero and nice herione,lots of adventure,based in Alaska, will def buy chill 2nd book soon and probably would look into her paranormal romance, good author.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!!!, 21 Aug 2012
if you're into:
- romance
- adventure, and
- a bit of suspense
read this. I've read both ICE and CHILL and can't wait for book #3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense, 14 May 2010
A. M. Collins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ice (Mass Market Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - characters were believable and you almost felt that you were in Alaska! Have also read the second book in this series, "Chill", and hope to read more by this author.

Ice
Ice by Stephanie Rowe (Mass Market Paperback - 1 July 2009)
4.69
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available