Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 December 2004
Kathy is a New York hairdresser with a vile ex-husband intent on suing her for emotional damage after he failed to satisfy her sexually. Great the court case is scheduled for Valentine's Day! Roped into playing Santa Claus, she makes a speedy trip to a toy store to buy presents for a kid's shelter when her car breaks down. Picking up Peter (a peculiar robot she bought due to its cheap price) she bemoans her fate and wishes for a totally subservient man. Unfortunately Peter thinks it will be far more interesting to grant the total opposite of her wish, so Kathy finds herself whisked to 16th century Scotland and into the arms of man who is definitely not submissive. OK so she's not happy to find that chocolate or coffee have yet to be discovered, but at least she has her hair products, a sackful of cheesy toys (including Peter and Suzy the singing flower) and her mobile, which strangely seems unaffected by time travel as she is still able to phone home (pardon the pun) and speak to her best friend Coco.

Ian Ross is the Pleasure Master, an inherited and legendary title denoting a sensually trained man able to bring total pleasure to any women. It is not until the mysterious arrive of Kathy, Princess of Hair, that Ian starts to question his existence. The Pleasure Master has no male friends (after all he may have bedded their wives, sisters or mothers)and as the eldest of triplets, he finds himself contesting his position with his 2 brothers. Caught in a wager to retain his title, Ian finds himself pledging to bring this strange foreign princess to his bed. Revenge is sweet though as he selects his brothers' possible conquests, one of which is Coco.

This book was incredibly funny in places, and Ms Bangs certainly writes with wit and imagination. The scenes of a minature gorilla marching to the tune of 'Macho Man' and a remote controlled model helicopter swooping over a rival clan had me in stitches. Kathy certainly knows how to use her toys to protect her man. This was my first book by Ms Bangs and after such an auspicious beginning, I will certainly be checking out her other works.
on 9 April 2003
I have never laughed so much as I did with this story. Within the first few pages are heroine, Kathy had been sent back in time 400 yrs into the path of 3 Scots men (with only her hair styling equipment & a sack full of toys, which take on a life of their own) one who she thought was about to be attacked. She decides she has to save this man & armed with her can of mousse attacks the other 2 & on their manparts. They run of thinking they are going to drop of after Kathy says something to them.
This is just 1 of of the hillarious things that happens to her on her journey into the past. Nina's story reminds me of many of Sandra Hill's books(of which I am a great fan off). They can both write very hot, steamy stories as well as give us plenty to laugh about.
I do hope Nina will do a sequel for Neil & Coco. They were marvelous & truly deserve their own story.
on 1 April 2006
I really enjoyed this book, total escapism! Yes, it's raunchy in places, but it's not as lewd as the cover might imply! but it's very, very funny! Nina gets in some very clever time travel jokes, and the film references are hilarious! Well-crafted entertainment!
on 8 April 2006
Despite its lurid cover, this book it quite tame in terms of rudeness - there's only one actual coupling in it!
But it is very very funny, the combination of a sassy New York hairdresser and a drop-dead gorgeous Highlander who has devoted himself to women's pleasure in a real winner!
Yes, it is totally unbelievable (her mobile phone works across the centuries, for God's sake!) and a load of nonsense, but it makes a pleasant change from your run-of-the-mill romances!
on 2 April 2013
This is a good romance book. Not bad as I expected it to be. It came in February on time, so I am pleased with that.
on 12 July 2006
Bought the book when I saw the cover...interesting. The story was OK and I enjoyed it once I got into it, but there were so many unbelievable things that wouldn't really happen in time travel, like Kathy's phone working in 1542. Kathy appeared a little ditsy in the first part of the book. Loved the way Peter would always use movie quotes throughout the story and Ian's cat was an interesting character. The biggest disappointment to me was the ending...felt like it was a cop-out. It left me hanging on what happened to Ian. The author should have gone into detail about what Ian experienced at the end.
on 17 October 2001
As a avid reader of time travel romance I ordered this book and waited for it to arrive. What a disappointment. If like myself you enjoy these mostly light romances and have read other authors work e.g Robin Schone Virginia Henley and the like who have dabbled in time travel you will find Nina Bangs hasn't got what it takes. As I have never read anyother of her books I cannot comment on her non time travel books but The Pleasure Master was not a pleasure to read.Needless to say I wont be ordering anymore of her work.